Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a local guy who does amazing work not just detailing but restoring and getting cars ready for shows etc. I was wondering what others thoughts are about picking up my Ascent (Touring trim in the blue) and taking it directly to him to work his magic before there is any wear or tear. He coats with ceramic that has a 5 year warranty, both interior and exterior. Anyways, thought on keeping my Ascent in amazing shape much appreciated as I intend to keep this car for 10 or more years.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I’m going XPEL Ultimate on the full hood, full fenders, front bumper, headlights, fog lights, mirror caps, door caps and a strip on the rear bumper on top for unloading and loading protection. Than I am thinking of going opti Coat Pro plus or doing it myself with Black Fire ceramic and doing it every few years. Having it professionally done is around $1500 just for the opti Coat Pro plus vs a few hundred and doing it myself which I don’t mind doing. Opti Coat Pro plus though never has to be re applied ever.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I’m going XPEL Ultimate on the full hood, full fenders, front bumper, headlights, fog lights, mirror caps, door caps and a strip on the rear bumper on top for unloading and loading protection. Than I am thinking of going opti Coat Pro plus or doing it myself with Black Fire ceramic and doing it every few years. Having it professionally done is around $1500 just for the opti Coat Pro plus vs a few hundred and doing it myself which I don’t mind doing. Opti Coat Pro plus though never has to be re applied ever.
I also apply PPF on all my cars..... my question is - does applying opti coat create issues for new paint finishing processes if we're ever to be necessary?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I also apply PPF on all my cars..... my question is - does applying opti coat create issues for new paint finishing processes if we're ever to be necessary?
Every detailer I’ve talked to is to do it ASAP if you are going to do it. Might be just minor paint correction before applying opti Coat. Plus it can go over the PPF as well.

·
Registered
492 Posts
How much is all that going to run you? Are you having the XPEL applied professionally or are you doing that yourself too?

·
Registered
106 Posts
How much is all that going to run you? Are you having the XPEL applied professionally or are you doing that yourself too?
Got referred to a guy who does mostly exotic/ high end cars and hand cuts everything and doesn’t use the factory cuts. He wraps everything he possibly can and is a one man show. He specialty is film/ wraps. Also gonna have the 2 front windows tinted to match the factory tint. Just for the XPEL is $1700ish and window tint is $120 for both windows and if I had someone do the opti Coat Pro plus it would be $1400. But I’m thinking of doing it myself now and saving $1200! Just need to buy the blackfire pro ceramic kit and go to town! I chose blackfire cause that is what I currently use on my Impreza and like it a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts