Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a clue as to what carrier is shipping cars from SIA to the southeast area?

I'm obsessing and trying to track my VIN. I know Cassens is a popular one, but they only seem to go down as far as Tennessee.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Anyone have a clue as to what carrier is shipping cars from SIA to the southeast area?

I'm obsessing and trying to track my VIN. I know Cassens is a popular one, but they only seem to go down as far as Tennessee.
Great question! I’m interested in this info as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Ask your dealer for the window sticker. It will be listed at the top. I would be interested to know if they will provide tracking information.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ask your dealer for the window sticker. It will be listed at the top. I would be interested to know if they will provide tracking information.
The window sticker of one already on the lot? Or are you saying they'll have the sticker for my car now before it's there?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The window sticker of one already on the lot? Or are you saying they'll have the sticker for my car now before it's there?
Your dealer will have a PDF copy of the window sticker and can email it to you. I recall seeing it on mine and looking up the carriers website online. There was not an opportunity for me to track the shipment like UPS or Fedex, and I didn’t try calling. Once it arrived in Boston “port” it took another week via truck to Western NY.

·
Registered
764 Posts

Any Outback, Legacy, or Impreza will have the same carrier. Just look for one that is on the lot. But some of them unfortunately just give you a number instead of the actual carrier.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any Outback, Legacy, or Impreza will have the same carrier. Just look for one that is on the lot. But some of them unfortunately just give you a number instead of the actual carrier.
Sadly, the dealer that I'm buying from is a 2 hour drive. I looked on their website to see if the sticker was part of the pictures they took for the vehicle, but nope. Guess I'll have to figure out from my dealer.

Or just wait like a sane person.

Reactions: Jason

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sadly, the dealer that I'm buying from is a 2 hour drive. I looked on their website to see if the sticker was part of the pictures they took for the vehicle, but nope. Guess I'll have to figure out from my dealer.

Or just wait like a sane person.
I literally just pulled up 3 dealers to find a window sticker and none of them had one! Haha! Guess I’m in the insane group as well! I want my car like yesterday! Haha!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I’m going to try to get up to a local dealer & see what’s on the sticker. Or maybe we’ll get lucky & one of the FL people that recently received theirs will tell us or post a photo of their sticker.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m going to try to get up to a local dealer & see what’s on the sticker. Or maybe we’ll get lucky & one of the FL people that recently received theirs will tell us or post a photo of their sticker.
You're the hero we deserve. I can only hope that whatever carrier your dealer uses also services mine in SC.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You're the hero we deserve. I can only hope that whatever carrier your dealer uses also services mine in SC.
Lol a hero who is hoping they’ll have an Ascent for me to test drive! Still haven’t seen one in person & supposedly it’ll be here in August. Of course no VIN yet smh

·
Registered
566 Posts
Not that it means anything as far as timing goes in the SE area - all of a sudden mine (Nashville area) was moved up to 7/31 yesterday. Ran into the dealership to work out trade-in value this morning. While there, I asked him to check to see if there was a change. Overnight it went to 8/10. What's strange is that they show 5 Ascents being delivered - 1 each on 5 consecutive days - one right after the other. That's efficient if that's what really happens in the end. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bump! Anyone figure this out?
I can't seem to find the exact post but Snowgirl had found out some info. Unfortunately, Cassens is not in the SE and the ones that handle the SE do not have tracking like Cassens does. I think that was the gist of it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I can't seem to find the exact post but Snowgirl had found out some info. Unfortunately, Cassens is not in the SE and the ones that handle the SE do not have tracking like Cassens does. I think that was the gist of it.
Dangit. Tracking is really all that matters. Was hoping to get lucky. Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Snowgirl finally discovered that “If you are in NC area our cars get shipped to Walkertown railhead outside of Winston Salem!”

1 - 17 of 17 Posts