Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an andriod phone and it's set up/has a profile in my 2019 Forester's entertainment system. When my phone is connected to the car, as soon as another phone is connected carplay takes over and I can't get my phone to be recognized unless the 2nd phone is disconnected.

IS there a way to set 1 phone as priority over others?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've got I think a related question. I use my Galaxy S8 as a primary phone, and keep it plugged in for Android Auto/navigation when needed (I have a non-nav Ascent). I also use my old Galaxy S5 as a dedicated media device, primarily for the 100+ podcasts I'm subscribed to. I like to listen to my podcasts in the car, especially long drives, and prefer to have my S5 connected by bluetooth so the media controls can be used on the car screen. But if I plug in my S8 for google maps it will turn on the S8 bluetooth and override the S5 that was connected before. I swear I used to be able to have both working separately but no anymore. Why does Android Auto need both bluetooth and the USB plug to run on my phone? Is there any way to have one phone plugged in for nav and a separate phone on bluetooth for media?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts