Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we test drove our Ascent the CarPlay navigation volume was great. Then we pressed some buttons and it is really quiet. I'm pretty sure I've set everything I can on the left hand steering wheel toggles and I've gone into settings and set the Navigation Volume to the max. But still, we can't hear it. This happens on my phone and my wife's phone.

Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,528 Posts
There are also multiple volume adjustments in the head unit's settings for various kinds of media...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll poke around some more today. We may go out antiquing, that will be an opportunity to play with settings.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'll poke around some more today. We may go out antiquing, that will be an opportunity to play with settings.
The Sound settings Jim referred to are on page 73 in my Radio and Navigation manual. I would suggest raising the volume on your iPhones to the max then adjusting the Ascent volume to a comfortable level because having the car's volume maxed out causes other problems when switching between sources.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the volume I set last night when my wife was driving, it had been set to 20, about halfway up, and I set it to 33, the max, but we still didn't get sound. (And we did check, her Siri Navigation voice was set to normal volume for navigation, mine was set to off, but she was driving on the way way home. So there is hope for mine today!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Solved!

I just spent about 20 minutes in the driveway, and around the block, both phones. It turns out the Siri navigation volume is controlled by the head unit's volume control while Siri is speaking.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Siri's volume is controlled by adjusting the volume knob while she is actively speaking.

Like most Apple products, there is no manual. :)
Yes, as Rock mentioned above.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Solved!

I just spent about 20 minutes in the driveway, and around the block, both phones. It turns out the Siri navigation volume is controlled by the head unit's volume control while Siri is speaking.
I think that we have all spent a LOT of "Driveway" time 😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts