Subaru Ascent Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

Super Moderator
Has anyone updated to iOS 14 beta? I鈥檓 curious if there are any issues with CarPlay mostly.
CarPlay still works mostly flawlessly in iOS 14 beta. There are a couple differences/improvements but you鈥檒l have to install to see what they are! 馃槈

Registered
Slight change of course, but since the first troubleshooting step is usually update everything...

Has anyone updated to iOS 14 beta? I鈥檓 curious if there are any issues with CarPlay mostly. I鈥檓 running iOS 13.5 jailbroken right now so I鈥檓 debating whether or not to give up my jailbreak.
Using the iOS 14 beta for over a week on my iPhone 11 pro and so far carplay has worked flawlessly (multiple knocks on every piece on wood I can reach). The main difference I appreciated is that now when you summon Siri it doesn鈥檛 take the whole screen, just an icon in the bottom. So it doesn鈥檛 block the view for navigation.

Registered
I am so glad that I found this. I just purchased a 2021 Ascent and have been frustrated beyond belief with my CarPlay stopping. I also lose calls as well. At first I thought it was my Iphone 8 - so I had upgraded to Iphone 11 - I replaced my charging cables with brand new cables - and it still is happening. Since I know I am not crazy - I will bring to my dealers attention about the USB ports. Thank you everyone for validating my issues!!

Registered
So, our ascent has 40k miles on it and out of warranty on the electronics. Carplay is disconnecting. I'd like to replace the USB hub myself, but unsure how to remove the trim around it to get at it. Any ideas?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts