Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an Outback and am currently waiting for an Ascent. We travel with our dogs and squeeze 3 metal crates into the car. I went to dealer to take a look at space, but seem to have the wrong measurement for the clearance for the opening of the hatch from top to bottom. I need at least 40 inches width at the narrowest opening in the back and at least 27 inches from top to bottom to fit the crates in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to know height of opening from floor of cargo area to roof of cargo area to make sure my dog crates fit in there.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Rear gate opening width at floor: 47.0 in. Maximum: 47.2 in.

Cargo width between wheel housings: 45.9 in.

Cargo area height 33.9 in. (with moonroof: 33.6)

Cargo liftover height 32.0 in (distance from ground to cargo area)
Maybe 1 more measurement:) ?...from the back of the front seat (2nd & 3rd rows down) to the inside of the closed tailgate?:nerd:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cargo area height 33.9 is the opening of the tailgate? What is the narrowest opening of the tailgate? I know that the length from the back of the front seat to the inside of closed tailgate is good.
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I own an Outback and am currently waiting for an Ascent. We travel with our dogs and squeeze 3 metal crates into the car. I went to dealer to take a look at space, but seem to have the wrong measurement for the clearance for the opening of the hatch from top to bottom. I need at least 40 inches width at the narrowest opening in the back and at least 27 inches from top to bottom to fit the crates in.

Joe Spitz to the rescue

2019 Subaru Ascent 7 passenger research webpage

·
Registered
334 Posts
30.75 inches by my measuring tape is the smallest height of the rear hatch opening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts