Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have information on the cargo divider? I'd like to know if it is multi position or if there are 2 different ones...1 for behind the second row...another for behind the third row. I'm hoping there is a version for behind the second row. If not, safaristraps.com might be my next option. I'm using one of their nets for an attic in our FXT.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If I remember correctly, it is bi-directional? Mounts in one position but half will go forward if the 3rd row is down and the other way for the back. I don't know where I saw this, though, so I might be wrong. Maybe in a video?

·
Registered
217 Posts
All I know is it is not a pet barrier. I have a 2017 Forester and my large labradoodle can crawl right around the side window. I complained to Subaru and they thanked me with a nice luggage bag and took the pictures of a dog behind the Cargo barrier out of their literature. I see the barrier is listed on their accessories for the Ascent. Bummer.

Reactions: Antitarmac

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I know is it is not a pet barrier. I have a 2017 Forester and my large labradoodle can crawl right around the side window. I complained to Subaru and they thanked me with a nice luggage bag and took the pictures of a dog behind the Cargo barrier out of their literature. I see the barrier is listed on their accessories for the Ascent. Bummer.
Yeah, I doubt you'll ever see them use a cargo divider with a pet again. They went through the effort and expense of crash testing dog harnesses and know that keeping a pet behind a barrier isn't the safest option for the dog. The only harness that worked in crash testing was made by sleepypod.com There are several options from them now. Personally, I'd like to see the divider crash tested with a stack of loaded luggage in place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have the cargo divider and it is pretty heavy duty. It does not break down at all and attaches to the sidewalls of the car behind the second row. We have one for sale if you are interested!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts