Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I searched and found another thread about cargo covers, but it was about different issues. I got my Ascent and I love it, but the cargo cover doesn't extend across the back of the car. It looks like it should extend, but either I have the world's worst thumb strength or I'm doing it wrong. Or both. Can someone talk me through getting that thing to fit?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,553 Posts
So, I searched and found another thread about cargo covers, but it was about different issues. I got my Ascent and I love it, but the cargo cover doesn't extend across the back of the car. It looks like it should extend, but either I have the world's worst thumb strength or I'm doing it wrong. Or both. Can someone talk me through getting that thing to fit?

Thanks.
Push in an end, and then press the lever. The lever locks until you push in the extendable end.

Repeat on the other side.

It took most of us a little bit to figure that out. ;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
My thumbs are junk so I had to stop by the dealer to have the service manager extend it.

He was also struggling with it until a tech showed us the trick of pushing one end against the floor to release the tension

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Push in an end, and then press the lever. The lever locks until you push in the extendable end.

Repeat on the other side.

It took most of us a little bit to figure that out. ;)
Thanks. That worked. I was beginning to think they gave me one to fit an Outback. Ha.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Funny thing I went to put in my cargo cover last night for a upcoming trip and absolutely was scratching my head for a minute until viola it popped 😆

Note: I find it easier going through the 2nd row,the unlock switches faces the passenger cabin where you can see them,my $.02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts