Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Ascent today. I'm completely dumbfounded as to how to install the cargo cover. When the third row is folded down, there are obvious slots to stick the base of the cover into. But I cannot figure out how the cover attached when the third row is up, and its covers just the smaller cargo space. Anyone run into this? I could have sworn the cover could be used in both positions, but maybe I am wrong....

·
Registered
767 Posts
I picked up my Ascent today. I'm completely dumbfounded as to how to install the cargo cover. When the third row is folded down, there are obvious slots to stick the base of the cover into. But I cannot figure out how the cover attached when the third row is up, and its covers just the smaller cargo space. Anyone run into this? I could have sworn the cover could be used in both positions, but maybe I am wrong....
Only covers when the 3rd row is down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does the cover come with all models or it it an add on? Picked up my premium today and it was not there. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,514 Posts
Does the cover come with all models or it it an add on? Picked up my premium today and it was not there. Thanks
It is an add-on. Part Number 65550XC00AVH. Your local dealership can order it for you, or you can order it online. Beware shipping costs due to the size and shape.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had same issue, there is two switch on the road with picture of 1 and 2, you to put that in lower case in cargo and press that button to hook it up. I will try to get the photo.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Only covers when the 3rd row is down.
Do you have a picture of how well the cargo cover covers the cargo?

Here in SF area break-in are increasingly common. And having been driving 3-box sedan this has been a concern when considering Ascent.

Is the cargo cover sufficient or is there something else that may work better?

·
Registered
3 Posts

Here in SF area break-in are increasingly common. And having been driving 3-box sedan this has been a concern when considering Ascent.

How well does it cover? Not well at all... from the window you can see both the front of the cargo area in the gap between the second row seat backs and the cover, as well as along the side where the cover is much shorter than the width of the cargo area. not sure if there is a better option, but mine will be permanently stored in the basement and i plan to use the underfloor storage for anything that looks valuable. Good thing it was free with mine, because i would consider it nearly useless.

·
Super Moderator
6,514 Posts

How well does it cover? Not well at all... from the window you can see both the front of the cargo area in the gap between the second row seat backs and the cover...
Push the seats all the way back and then lean them back until they touch the cover. There's no uncovered area with the bench seat, and only the gap between the captain's seats when this is done.

as well as along the side where the cover is much shorter than the width of the cargo area.
Yep, sadly, though I have some idea on that. But, more on that later.

In the meantime, I simply keep the 2nd row sun shades up, and installed the 3rd row sun shades. They help a lot.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R, 2003 Honda Pilot EX
34 Posts
Push the seats all the way back and then lean them back until they touch the cover. There's no uncovered area with the bench seat, and only the gap between the captain's seats when this is done.

Yep, sadly, though I have some idea on that. But, more on that later.

In the meantime, I simply keep the 2nd row sun shades up, and installed the 3rd row sun shades. They help a lot.
Robert,
Did you come up with some idea due to the width being shorter than the actual cargo area itself?
Also, do the 3rd row shades come with Touring?

Anyone got any ideas for gap between the captains chairs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts