Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Abyss Blue Pearl
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lack of lighting in the cargo area is well discussed. This item has probably been mentioned, but I wanted to document that I installed this plug replacement LED bulb in the my 2021 Ascent cargo light. It draws less power than the OEM so I'm not concerned about any electrical current issues, but I'm not an electrician so you actual mileage may vary.

The lighting should be in the gate, without question, but it's not. This is a simple upgrade that will provide a lot more light back there for a reasonable price. The color matches the bulbs in the overhead lights.

Technology Electronic device Transparency

·
Administrator
795 Posts
I am a big proponent of DD's products...

Among the bulbs from them I have.... Their flex LED light strips are mounted in the cargo area for multiple vehicles. Requires a little tutelage, but that makes it fun for the install, and definitely brightens up the area. - Peel and stick application.

Cool White x2 - `13 Forester XT
(Warm White wasn't available when I purchased them.)

Warm White x1. - `18 Toyota Highlander - In-laws...

Warm White x1- `16 Impreza Limited (Wifes)

·
Administrator
795 Posts
Nope. Plug & Play.... The tutelage comes with running the wiring through the headliner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.