Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Notice my knee went into the rear fender panel climbing up from rear tire to access roof and cause small dents on each side. Luckily I have a dent-less repair guy nearby that done my Forester XT a half-dozen times in the last few years. Costly mistake. One thing I hate about Subaru is how easily the metal dents on them! Sorry pictures would be difficult because of lighting with camera but it the area between just slightly below the crease dead smack middle of the rear tires. If you grab the roof rack just be careful to make sure knee does not touch vehicle. BTY- I am only 165 pounds and 5'9 and not a fat ass :smile:

·
Registered
978 Posts
All new cars are easy to dent. Its not a Subaru thing. Also be careful when shutting the hood. Many cars today have hood dents due to people pressing on the hood with the heal of their palm. My mom just picked up a Tesla 3 and that was the first thing the sales person showed her, how not to dent her new car hood.

I had a paintless guy out two months ago wife’s business car had a door dent. I had him quote me for a dent in our outback. He told me hes does maybe one Subaru a yr. After the quote $800 I laughed and said yup its a Subaru the dent doesn’t bother me that much. He laughed and said see there you go. Hence why he does so few Subarus lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
Notice my knee went into the rear fender panel climbing up from rear tire to access roof and cause small dents on each side. Luckily I have a dent-less repair guy nearby that done my Forester XT a half-dozen times in the last few years. Costly mistake. One thing I hate about Subaru is how easily the metal dents on them! Sorry pictures would be difficult because of lighting with camera but it the area between just slightly below the crease dead smack middle of the rear tires. If you grab the roof rack just be careful to make sure knee does not touch vehicle. BTY- I am only 165 pounds and 5'9 and not a fat ass :smile:
Thule makes a platform to stand on that fits over the tire...Would That have prevented this? I ask because I have been thinking about getting one ....?:nerd:

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Can you include a pic when you get a chance?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I thought about these..& cheaper that the Thule step.....
How well does it work.... pros/cons.....?
If you are under 5'9", probably good all around. I am 6' and only need to bring these out when loading the cargo box and need to reach the otherside of the roof box. So, if it is not raining, you could probably just get by using the "steps" in the rear doors.

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you are under 5'9", probably good all around. I am 6' and only need to bring these out when loading the cargo box and need to reach the otherside of the roof box. So, if it is not raining, you could probably just get by using the "steps" in the rear doors.
That’s pretty much what I might need them for ..... they’re pretty inexpensive so it might be nice to have just in case .......:)
Thanks.....

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks, this might be a better option for washing. And the step for camping with cargo box!!! Appreciate the recommendation.

I use one of these

47 in. x 12 in. x 20 in. Aluminum Slim-Fold Work Platform with 250 lb. Load Capacity

https://www.homedepot.com/p/206127529

Usually can be had for $20 during Black Friday
No problem! I was just waxing the roof myself and thought

1. Wow this is a lot of paint to protect what if I vinyl wrap the roof.

2. How nice they added holes on the roof rails to grip when you stand on the tire.

Did not think knee dents would happen! ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts