Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have an issue with car play where it will play the left channel only? It usually gets corrected when I unplug and re-plug the cord. I also use Amazon music if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
51 Posts
No problem like that with my Ascent. Have you tried different cables and are they "MFi" certified cables? My understanding is that many CarPlay issues are cable related. I've been using Anker PowerLine II 1ft Lightning cables.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apple cables new from the box.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I haven't had that issue and I use Amazon music as well. My only issue has been a weird kinda skipping occasionally when I first connect Car Play that goes away after it's been connected a few minutes.

Also second the Anker cables, they are the only other ones besides Apple cables that I've had any luck with.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had the skipping/cutting out and on occasion like a 1.5-2x speed up then back to normal.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Try cleaning the port, as well as looking for updates. There was an Apple update that supposedly recently got released that fixed a number of sound issues with CarPlay.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Phone is up to date and port is clean.
I'm assuming the music being sent from the phone to the head unit through the USB cable is digital eh? So you either get the data or you don't right? It's not an analog plug. Unless the channels are sent in two streams for left and right (unlikely)

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 9 of 9 Posts