Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I received 2 keyless Fob with my Ascent, but looking at the “quick” guide I see a picture of a key? Does the dealer owe me a key fob (w/red button on the bottom)?
I am making an assumption here, so someone correct me if I am wrong. But the base model and the premium do not come with push-button start standard. So I assume those pictures are just showing both key fobs to show the layout of both without needing separate owners manuals.

If it is like most other cars there is an emergency key built into the "key-less" fob that will pop out of it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I am making an assumption here, so someone correct me if I am wrong. But the base model and the premium do not come with push-button start standard. So I assume those pictures are just showing both key fobs to show the layout of both without needing separate owners manuals.

If it is like most other cars there is an emergency key built into the "key-less" fob that will pop out of it.
You got it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
The key fobs that came with my Limited have a key hidden inside. It can be retracted and used as a valet key but I’m not sure how you use it to start the engine given that it doesn’t have an ignition keyhole...

·
Registered
275 Posts
The key fobs that came with my Limited have a key hidden inside. It can be retracted and used as a valet key but I’m not sure how you use it to start the engine given that it doesn’t have an ignition keyhole...
The "Valet Key" is what you actually keep. You put your valuables into the glove compartment and lock it with the "Valet Key". You give the Keyless FOB to the Valet Person so they can drive the car. That's the idea anyway. Personally, I would not leave anything valuable in the car even if it was "locked" in the glove compartment.

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
3 Keys ?

Regular keys get 3 keys - 2 regular and 1 valet

Push button start gets 2 regular keys no valet, but they both have a hidden key inside.
Jason- i'm still a little confused-picked up my premium Package 12 last night- got my 2 keys asked him about a 3rd-he said for subscription package only. I though their was a 3 month trial with that and that 3 keys was standard-2 regular and 1 valet- Thanks for all the great info you've provide on the forum Jeff Brown

1 - 13 of 13 Posts