Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yea i read the article a few days ago and for me the subaru was the better choice. Not being bias but I went from sports cars my whole life to an SUV so I literally test drove every truck, and it came down to CX-9, Ascent, MDX. Drove the traverse and thought it looked great but its drive was very clumsy and everything rattled so bad I thought they let me test drive a used car. The CX-9 was nice but was uncomfortable like my CX-5 because there is not support from the seats so when someone turns the car everybody is slipping and sliding in their seat giving everyone motion sickness. CX-5 infotainment system is also lacking, and I just hate that its not touchscreen when driving and i have to use that little turn dial to select everything. IMO the Ascent is better driver than the CX-9 but car and driver thought otherwise. The MDX drive IMO was better than the Ascent but its design inside looked a little outdated, it was small inside, and i dislike the that there is no gear lever just some button that puts it in drive. Overall I dont think the Ascent does anything the best but its the perfect medium. It doesnt drive as big as it looks, its interior is nice and not cheap, has lots of features, subaru def lied and I believe this car has more power than subaru states, its quiet compared to some of its competitors, and its spacious.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yea i read the article a few days ago and for me the subaru was the better choice. Not being bias but I went from sports cars my whole life to an SUV so I literally test drove every truck, and it came down to CX-9, Ascent, MDX. Drove the traverse and thought it looked great but its drive was very clumsy and everything rattled so bad I thought they let me test drive a used car. The CX-9 was nice but was uncomfortable like my CX-5 because there is not support from the seats so when someone turns the car everybody is slipping and sliding in their seat giving everyone motion sickness. CX-5 infotainment system is also lacking, and I just hate that its not touchscreen when driving and i have to use that little turn dial to select everything. IMO the Ascent is better driver than the CX-9 but car and driver thought otherwise. The MDX drive IMO was better than the Ascent but its design inside looked a little outdated, it was small inside, and i dislike the that there is no gear lever just some button that puts it in drive. Overall I dont think the Ascent does anything the best but its the perfect medium. It doesnt drive as big as it looks, its interior is nice and not cheap, has lots of features, subaru def lied and I believe this car has more power than subaru states, its quiet compared to some of its competitors, and its spacious.
I also had a CX-5 and when I looked at the CX-9 I was expecting a little more space for the driver. I did not find any. Driving dynamics are great but it matters less when the driver is uncomfortable. The Ascent was the easy winner in my book.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.