Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am considering getting a car cover for my ascent as I want to protect it from the elements as it sits in my driveway. I knew that it wouldn’t quite fit in my garage but now that it’s almost here I’m feeling very protective. Any recommendations?
Thanks!

·
Registered
418 Posts
In my experience, car covers can be worse for the paint than the elements. Any dirt/dust/etc that gets on the car then gets rubbed across the painted surface each time you cover and uncover the car, as well as coating the inside of the cover so that even after freshly washing the car, there's stuff on the inside of the cover getting rubbed across the formerly clean painted surface. Then there's the stuff the cover is made of itself. The only cover I've used in decades has been with my convertibles, and then the covers were only designed to cover the exposed interior if I didn't feel like putting the top up.

·
Registered
418 Posts
No problem. I totally get wanting to protect the babies from elemental abuse. I'd advise checking out the threads on paint protection such as various waxes or ceramic coatings the more experienced forum members (in paint care) are discussing in various threads. That's what I'm doing :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.