Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't unlock the door today, even with the hidden key. When I hit unlock on the key fob, I get a series of beep beep beep. It sounds like the car battery is dead.

I was playing with the trunk light the other day. I confirmed that the light turned off when I shut the hatch. But who knows.

Why can't I unlock the car even with the physical key?

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
I couldn't unlock the door today, even with the hidden key. When I hit unlock on the key fob, I get a series of beep beep beep. It sounds like the car battery is dead.

I was playing with the trunk light the other day. I confirmed that the light turned off when I shut the hatch. But who knows.

Why can't I unlock the car even with the physical key?
Physical key only works in one direction. Try flipping it over. If you've done that already, then, there's something odd with it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Physical key only works in one direction. Try flipping it over. If you've done that already, then, there's something odd with it.

Well egg on my face. I was turning it the wrong way. Turned it the other way and voila, door opens. I jump started it and put it on a charger. It should be fine by this time tomorrow hopefully.

The cause was one of my kids left the 3rd row dome light on over the weekend.

D'oh!

·
Registered
46 Posts
The cause was one of my kids left the 3rd row dome light on over the weekend.
Those overhead lights always make me nervous, and in all my vehicles not just the Ascent. I've gotten into the habit of peaking into the garage at night to see if anything is lit up so I don't wake up to a taxed battery.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Those overhead lights always make me nervous, and in all my vehicles not just the Ascent. I've gotten into the habit of peaking into the garage at night to see if anything is lit up so I don't wake up to a taxed battery.

That is EXACTLY what I do. One time I noticed I left a map reading light on and caught it. I also want to double check and make sure the garage door is closed. It's just part of the evening routine now before going to bed at night. I have switched the bulbs all to LED, but still.......

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I think the switchover to LEDs is my next mod. Knowing how kids are they’ll do this again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts