Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let my battery go dead, left door open all night. Left next morning for Az from Iowa
Jumped car to start and had a sound coming from back hatch.
Got 100 miles down the road and found hatch would not open. Manual no help. Called dealer said bring it in to reprogram. Not happening on way to Az. Pushed button overhead to talk to Subaru. Gal looked it up said pull off the road, go back and hold the button in for 5 seconds and it will reset. Did that and solved the problem. Wouldn't u think the dealer would know that!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Let my battery go dead, left door open all night. Left next morning for Az from Iowa
Jumped car to start and had a sound coming from back hatch.
Got 100 miles down the road and found hatch would not open. Manual no help. Called dealer said bring it in to reprogram. Not happening on way to Az. Pushed button overhead to talk to Subaru. Gal looked it up said pull off the road, go back and hold the button in for 5 seconds and it will reset. Did that and solved the problem. Wouldn't u think the dealer would know that!
yes I owuld have and they should have. If it was your regular dealer, when you get back have a talk with the service manager. That resolution has been posted on this forum since others have already had that issue. Glad SOA was ready and able. Good to know the blue button works versus the dealer solution of wasting half of a day, 200 hundred more miles of driving, wasted fuel and a possibly a lighter wallet. I'm sure you would have been in a wonderful mood by the time your arrived. Some dealers have no shame. They believe they have no competition. Some dealers have no sense of real service, which actually satisfies customers and brings them back to buy and for more service as needed.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,214 Posts
You'll want to check out the threads on this issue in the more dedicated areas of the forum. You may find some additional help from those who have already negotiated this issue that happens on a few Ascents.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
FWIW: There is this Technical Service Bulletin, which applies if you have a '19 Ascent. IDK anything beyond what it says.

TSB NUMBER: 07-155-19R DATE: 06/12/2019 REVISED: 03/16/2020

APPLICABILITY:
2019-20MY Forester 2019MY Ascent SUBJECT: Power Rear Gate (PRG) Control Module- Design Change

INTRODUCTION: This bulletin announces a design change made to the PRG control module. This change is in response to a limited number of customer concerns regarding the rear gate not opening when operating the gate switch or dashboard switch on the vehicle or the button on the key fob. In addition to ensuring proper PRG system operation, the new logic also optimizes the PRG communication function. The change will prevent excessive dark draw which may over time, cause a low battery condition.

PRODUCTION CHANGE INFORMATION: The new PRG control modules were incorporated into production as follows:

• Forester: Starting with VIN LH477261
  • Ascent: Start of 2020MY production

1 - 4 of 4 Posts