Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Subaru spray a protectant on the car before shipping? I have had my 2020 Ascent for almost 2 months and cannot get the streaks and lines out of the windshield. Both inside & outside. Driving into the sun is horrible. I have tried plain water, automotive glass cleaner (brand that is my favorite from previous cars) and tonight, a vinegar & water soak, brush rinse and squeegee finish. Still trouble.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do a search for defective windshield in this forum. I had posted the same exact problem about a year ago on a 2019 Ascent. Subaru of America finally replaced the windshield And two front side windows Because of the streaks. There have been problems with the windshields of these cars. I tried cleaning the windshield for over three months and couldn’t do anything with it. I couldn’t see out of it in the sun or if I was in a rain storm. It was terrible. If you find my previous post you will see that I posted some pictures as well of what it look like. I would call Subaru of America good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do a search for defective windshield in this forum. I had posted the same exact problem about a year ago on a 2019 Ascent. Subaru of America finally replaced the windshield And two front side windows Because of the streaks. There have been problems with the windshields of these cars. I tried cleaning the windshield for over three months and couldn’t do anything with it. I couldn’t see out of it in the sun or if I was in a rain storm. It was terrible. If you find my previous post you will see that I posted some pictures as well of what it look like. I would call Subaru of America good luck.
Thanks - loving this forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.