Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in the process of ordering a Limited in Canada (Ottawa area). I asked a dealer and he says it would be the MSRP $46495.00. Since its new and they already have lots of booking. Did anyone in Canada/ Ottawa area get any reduction from MSRP for Limited? The sales rep insists there won't be any reduction mostly anywhere in Canada.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not here in SW Ontario...token discount offset by the admin fee. Guess I should consider myself lucky for finally getting my car after 7 weeks

Didn’t even get a set of winter mats or a mug lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
No discounts. It's like asking them to RIP off their arms. ? I did get the auto show bonus discount of $500 back in April when we ordered. But other dealership will not entertain giving us that discount now! Not even some cash deals towards the assessories- just 15% off. Sigh.... at least you are getting your car!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not here in SW Ontario...token discount offset by the admin fee. Guess I should consider myself lucky for finally getting my car after 7 weeks

No discounts. It's like asking them to RIP off their arms. ? I did get the auto show bonus discount of $500 back in April when we ordered. But other dealership will not entertain giving us that discount now! Not even some cash deals towards the assessories- just 15% off. Sigh.... at least you are getting your car!
Glad to hear I'm not the only one
Thanks guys. That's what I thought too. Just wanted to see others experience. Well at least now we know the dealers are treating us more or less same!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

I am in the process of ordering a Limited in Canada (Ottawa area). I asked a dealer and he says it would be the MSRP $46495.00. Since its new and they already have lots of booking. Did anyone in Canada/ Ottawa area get any reduction from MSRP for Limited? The sales rep insists there won't be any reduction mostly anywhere in Canada.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one
Guys n Gals,

So went in asked Subaru Ottawa dealer and said the other dealer is offering $500 off :devil: and they immediately accepted it :grin:. I wish I should have said $1000:sad: . I did a test drive and I liked it and any way I wanted to buy a Subaru for AWD. In my prediction we would get more snow or ice rain with all the climate change happening in the world. So I put down $500 and ordered a Red Limited with remote start and a Hitch :grin:.

I am financing and the interest rate is the std. rate offered in Subaru Canada site 4.99%. Also they are offering some additional services like rust proofing, paint proofing and interior proofing. I have to research on these later. But the factory warranty extension + road side assistance is being offered ( for 7 years/ 120K kms) for $1846. I am very interested in extending the factory warranty.

Now I think $500 is not that big of a saving, If I was getting a better rate than 4.99% or 50% off in the warranty extension, that would have been great. Please let me know your opinions and experiences. If you don't want to disclose publicly, please PM me, I will not publicly mention it.

Cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Canadian Premier owners — do you guys see tire pressure by tire?

Noticed in the manual that the screen for tire pressure (ie the lcd in front of the steering wheel) says US spec. I could have sworn i saw a YouTube review where it showed tire pressures in a graphic. I don’t see it in our Limited trim

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Canadian Premier owners — do you guys see tire pressure by tire?

Noticed in the manual that the screen for tire pressure (ie the lcd in front of the steering wheel) says US spec. I could have sworn i saw a YouTube review where it showed tire pressures in a graphic. I don’t see it in our Limited trim
Is there a setting option to change the US spec to Canadian?

·
Registered
35 Posts
In Canada the price you see on the dealership website is what you will pay. They do give a credit of 500.00 for ordering your car and this is pretty standard.

I have the Premier on order and they are paying for the tint on my front windows to match the back ones. They are also giving 15% of for a block heater, all carpets and trunk tray, wheel locks nut, both sides door moldings and the touch up paint.

The only difference I have seen on pricing with family and friends in BC, NS,QB and ON, is that some dealers gives you a bit more on your trade depending where you are.

My dealer is Subaru of Kingston and this is my third car with them.

Happy driving!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In Canada the price you see on the dealership website is what you will pay. They do give a credit of 500.00 for ordering your car and this is pretty standard.

I have the Premier on order and they are paying for the tint on my front windows to match the back ones. They are also giving 15% of for a block heater, all carpets and trunk tray, wheel locks nut, both sides door moldings and the touch up paint.

The only difference I have seen on pricing with family and friends in BC, NS,QB and ON, is that some dealers gives you a bit more on your trade depending where you are.

My dealer is Subaru of Kingston and this is my third car with them.

Happy driving!
Thanks Ascentic. Your comment puts me at ease.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a limited trim with captains chairs in Vancouver... I paid “dealers invoice” ($42529) plus 3%.... then 1800 pdi, 520 in fees, and then tax on top. Not much negotiating room

1 - 12 of 12 Posts