Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm new to Subaru world. I have been waiting patently for my 2020 Ascent delivery from the factory.

Maybe this knowledge is already known but myself, I have just learned that the Candian edition Ascent does not come with the neccesary hardware to support Starlink connected services.

From my conversations with SOC:
"Yes, the 2020 Ascent does not have the same system as our Outbacks, Foresters, Imprezas and Crosstreks that are equipped with a different infotainment system to support Starlink Services. At this time, Subaru Starlink recently launched in Canada, therefore, this is the first time that we are having starlink features in our vehicles. Unfortunately, 2020 Ascents did not come equipped with the Starlink Features that we currently have on our selected 2020 Models. This is the current information that we have right now based on the Canadian Market through Focus Groups and Survey that our internal department conducts to find the best features on our selected vehicles.

At this time, we have no information regarding our 2020 Ascents having the starlink features as the infotainment system and the security system on the Ascent does not support the Starlink Features."

So I guess that mean there is no chance of the current Canada Ascent models to recieve such services in the future. I'm not going to lie, i'm disappointed. I'm not sure if that would have changed my decision on purchasing this vehicle or not, if I knew that prior to purchasing. Seemed like really cool connected features all from the touch a smart phone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’d consider smartphone remote start to be an extreme cool feature (don’t know if the US version will actually materialize or not). The map/weather/other info stuff etc can be handy at times but not a must. Honestly other than the remote start, remote door unlock/lock features...these kind of apps are mostly gimmicks.
Like many other stuff, Canadian consumers get short end of the stick a lot.
I was completely perplexed to read here that TPMS was not even featured in Canadian Ascents...not even in the top Premier trim. That’s an important feature in my opinion.
Saying that, none of that was a big enough factor to deter me picking the Ascent (convenience trim). It’s a lot of car for the $ factored in the $2500 factory incentive plus some dealer discount. Great ride!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,180 Posts
Starlink is locked to the ATT network with an embedded SIM ... can't be changed. That's a primary issue for the system to work outside the US.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts