Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To any other Canadian that cares, I've been following these recalls threads closely and have been monitoring Transport Canada's as well as SOC's websites.

Last week, Transport Canada had the PCV recall posted. Then the TCU/CVT was just posted today.

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Su...&mk=2510&md=ASCENT&fy=0&ty=9999&ft=&ls=0&sy=0

However, SOC's recall database doesn't have my VIN listed as having any recall yet even though I know for a fact I have the aluminum PCV (checked with a telescopic magnet like Denishh did in one of the pinned threads). Also I know my Ascent was made during the FEB 22, 2018 - MAY 07, 2019 time frame for the CVT harness problem. Dealers around here don't know of any recalls for the Ascent yet either.

BTW, my car is not exhibiting any of the problems yet but I still am eagerly awaiting the fixes. Will update this thread with any news.

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
I'm pinning this for our Canadian members. Thank you, @tuanvo!

If you need your original post updated after the forum software locks it, please let me know.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just an update. Nothing new yet. Still the same 2 recalls on Transport Canada. And still no updates on Subaru Canada's database regarding my VIN yet.

And a second thought regarding the PCV checking with a magnet.... IF it was made with an austenitic stainless steel, then it is not magnetic, then this test is useless (I'm a welder, should've remember that earlier). However, visually my PCV does look more aluminum than stainless. I hope I'm wrong because I don't really like the idea of the dealer pulling my engine to get to that separator cover (if the PCV parts are not intact). Just more chance for more little things to go wrong during R&R.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi ,I too just found out about recall and only after my dealership service rep. checked when I inquired about the battery failing in my 2019 Ascent. Also checked the my Subaru site and it does not recognize my Vin # either. Any other Canadians with this issue ??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi,
I'm from Montreal. My VINis not recognised either.
However, on Dec 27 I was at the dealership (couple of internal plastic panels defects) and they were calling their boss to check if they should work on recalls. But they did not do it. E.g. I'm assuming all is in place and waiting for official start of campaign.
I've asked the guy who worked on my car "WHEN?". He said - "end of January..."

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just recently at the dealership as well in Canada. They replaced my front rotors under warranty as they were warped. Was getting some vibration / shudder under highway (higher speed) braking. Seems to be a common issue at least in the US. They failed to mention any recalls on the vehicle. I checked online and there seems to be no recalls on mine either. I did have an issue with the radio deleting the saved FM stations every not and then. Solution was to update the software and now it is fine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've just got off the phone with my dealer and they confirmed all 3 recalls listed on their system. The only one they can do right now is WUV-07 (CVT). The WUV-08 (PCV) is waiting for parts. The WUU-06 (ECU reprogram) is waiting for pack file. I will decide what to do when the service manager finds out about the ETAs of the latter 2 recalls.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I checked again on Subaru Canada website today, to me only one recall WUV-07 so far (my Ascent was manufactured in March 2019). I talked to dealer last week while maintain my forester, I was told they have no further information for the recall yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Subaru.ca shows that my Ascent is recalled for WUU-06 and WUV-07CVT CHAIN SLIP. Car build day April 20-25 2019. No word about WUW-08 PCV valve. can't scheduled WUU-06 because my dealer still don't have program. Looks like I have to wait for another month.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got 2 separate letters today, one for WUV-07 (CVT) and one for WUW-08 (PCV). The WUW-08 letter says to wait for their follow-up letter while they're working on acquiring the parts (PCV valve) for the repair.

Meanwhile, my local dealer is still waiting on their laptop to be repaired so they can't do any of these repairs yet anyway :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got 2 separate letters today, one for WUV-07 (CVT) and one for WUW-08 (PCV). The WUW-08 letter says to wait for their follow-up letter while they're working on acquiring the parts (PCV valve) for the repair.

Meanwhile, my local dealer is still waiting on their laptop to be repaired so they can't do any of these repairs yet anyway :(
I only received 1 letter so far, which is WUV-07, when I checked on subaru web site, I have WUU-06 as well. But don't see WUW-08, my Ascent is manufactured in March 2019, guess it is not affected by WUW-08??

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
I only received 1 letter so far, which is WUV-07, when I checked on subaru web site, I have WUU-06 as well. But don't see WUW-08, my Ascent is manufactured in March 2019, guess it is not affected by WUW-08??
Only 18,000 of 120,000 Ascents were affected by WUW-08. Yours is late enough in production that it has the new design PCV valve.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Only 18,000 of 120,000 Ascents were affected by WUW-08. Yours is late enough in production that it has the new design PCV valve.
Thank you Robert, I believe the same.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts