Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has been able to negotiate lower on remaining 2019 or any 2020s in Canada? In the market for Limited 7 Passenger.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My best is invoice plus 4%. Ordered 2019 Canadian Touring in March. Get it delivered in the end of may. What part of Canada are you looking at?

·
Registered
23 Posts
My starting point was https://www.unhaggle.com. I found out dealer invoice and then had couple e-mails from the dealers. I was on the market for Ascent from December. Take me 4 months to negotiate the deal. Good lack for you to negotiate your deal in Alberta.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My starting point was unhaggle. I found out dealer invoice and then had couple e-mails from the dealers. I was on the market for Ascent from December. Take me 4 months to negotiate the deal. Good lack for you to negotiate your deal in Alberta.
I am looking in Ontario, do you mind sharing the dealer name.. I couldn't find much discounts in GTA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for starting this thread!

I've been looking at SUV's and the 2020 Ascent intrigues me. I am curious what I can expect to pay? I'm in Alberta. It will be a cash deal. Looking at 8 passenger touring model.

Unhaggle has MSRP = $41,695; Dealer Cost = $37,733;
With taxes and fees unhaggle suggests the MSRP is $45,277 and Dealer Cost is $41,117.

This assumes no options. I believe a $500 discount is applied to these prices for paying cash.

Kijiji dealers in AB are asking for $43,600 for this vehicle, but there is no mention of whether that includes taxes and fees.

1) Do you have any thoughts on what my out the door price might be given the above?
2) I'm not in a huge hurry to buy a vehicle. Do you think I would do better to wait and buy? Or is now a good time? I know January is typically slow. However, I've heard that you get good discounts if you pay cash later in the year. The issue with the Ascent is that it sells out, so I'm not sure what is the best strategy?
3) I've read on the forums that you can get a $500 discount by ordering a vehicle vs taking one off the lot. Is that the case in Canada? Does it apply to 2020?
4) Are there any "rebates" that are easy to get? All the rebates I looked at look like they expire Dec 31, 2019. Do these typically come out towards the end of the year?
5) Are unhaggle and carcostcanada worth it? Which is better?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I've used carcostcanada but not unhaggle. I believed they both provide accurate information about the cost of the vehicle. I got my 2019 Ascent at the end of Sept when they were giving a $2000 rebate paying cash, and I think it went up to $3000 towards the end of 2019. So yes they do offer more cash rebate towards the end of the year, but that also mean less selection in term of trims and colours. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
My starting point was Get the Best Prices on New Cars with Unhaggle.com. I found out dealer invoice and then had couple e-mails from the dealers. I was on the market for Ascent from December. Take me 4 months to negotiate the deal. Good lack for you to negotiate your deal in Alberta.
Assuming Canada has them as well, try an auto broker or two. I got quotes from two auto brokers and three dealers (in US). I knew what I wanted and simply noted the same exact specifications for all of them. I had my financing although I ended up with a slightly lower rate through Subaru. 2019 Limited.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2) I'm not in a huge hurry to buy a vehicle. Do you think I would do better to wait and buy? Or is now a good time? I know January is typically slow. However, I've heard that you get good discounts if you pay cash later in the year.
January is slow, however you have to keep on mined that factory orders cut out point is the end of April. I paid cash for my car, but according to dealer it doesn't matter what payment method I choose.
In my opinion, you better to start sending your offer of CAD$42800 (tax PDI and other charges in) and see what happened. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
January is slow, however you have to keep on mined that factory orders cut out point is the end of April. I paid cash for my car, but according to dealer it doesn't matter what payment method I choose.
In my opinion, you better to start sending your offer of CAD$42800 (tax PDI and other charges in) and see what happened. Good luck!
Thank you for starting this thread!

I've been looking at SUV's and the 2020 Ascent intrigues me. I am curious what I can expect to pay? I'm in Alberta. It will be a cash deal. Looking at 8 passenger touring model.

Unhaggle has MSRP = $41,695; Dealer Cost = $37,733;
With taxes and fees unhaggle suggests the MSRP is $45,277 and Dealer Cost is $41,117.

This assumes no options. I believe a $500 discount is applied to these prices for paying cash.

Kijiji dealers in AB are asking for $43,600 for this vehicle, but there is no mention of whether that includes taxes and fees.

1) Do you have any thoughts on what my out the door price might be given the above?
2) I'm not in a huge hurry to buy a vehicle. Do you think I would do better to wait and buy? Or is now a good time? I know January is typically slow. However, I've heard that you get good discounts if you pay cash later in the year. The issue with the Ascent is that it sells out, so I'm not sure what is the best strategy?
3) I've read on the forums that you can get a $500 discount by ordering a vehicle vs taking one off the lot. Is that the case in Canada? Does it apply to 2020?
4) Are there any "rebates" that are easy to get? All the rebates I looked at look like they expire Dec 31, 2019. Do these typically come out towards the end of the year?
5) Are unhaggle and carcostcanada worth it? Which is better?
I bought 2020 Touring with Captain's 2nd row-Southern Ontario (very recent)
$500 factory discount
$1870 dealer discount
Actual total discount $2370
May have squeezed more but I was happy, Dealer has bills to pay too. If I had been dealing with GM, etc I would have expected a higher discount.
Just be prepared to walk out if dealer playing hardball. Great vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts