Subaru Ascent Forum banner

CAN THE SUBARU ASCENT CLIMB?!?!

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  HerbL 
#1 ·
I recently asked over in Subaru Wilderness, "Can the Subaru Wilderness Climb?".
THE ANSWER WAS YES!!!

But, loaded down, weighing nearly 6,000 pounds, and on three wheels for much of the climb...

CAN THE SUBARU ASCENT CLIMB?!?!

Let's find out!

Seriously though, I've been so thoroughly impressed with what this massive Subie can do, all over the country, even fully loaded down!!!
(Some of you may have stuck around to the end of one of my other vids and know the answer)

#Subaru #SubaruAmbassador #SubaruAscent #SubaruAscentOffRoad

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Do you have the video uploaded with real time speed by any chance? I'd love to see it in real time instead of slo-mo. If not don't worry about it.
That's half speed to the top. Just use YouTube speed control and set to 2x.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Thanks! In this video, I have a 2.3" custom lift. Stock size tires (outside dimensions are an exact stock match) on undersized wheels.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Is this with the same lift you have had for a while (with your own spacers) or did you ever go to the Flat Out Coilovers? I don't think I saw an update from that mention a while back.
Same lift since May 2021. My Flatout coilovers are still in the box. I am waiting on adjustable rear control arms to address camber (at which point, my spacers will come out).

Discussion starter · #11 ·
I prefer control arms for the Ascent. A Crosstrek needs subframe spacers. An Outback needs them at about 2".

What height are you planning on?

Discussion starter · #13 ·
I'm looking at 1.5-2" and specifically the Flat Out so I can adjust the ride a little as needed. It seems the magic number is around 2 anyway and I'm not sure much more will be a good thing for me long-term.
This only applies to the Ascent:
1.5" needs no spacers. 2" may need 1/2" spacers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.