Subaru Ascent Forum banner

CAN THE SUBARU ASCENT CLIMB?!?!

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  HerbL 
Thanks! In this video, I have a 2.3" custom lift. Stock size tires (outside dimensions are an exact stock match) on undersized wheels.
Is this with the same lift you have had for a while (with your own spacers) or did you ever go to the Flat Out Coilovers? I don't think I saw an update from that mention a while back.

Same lift since May 2021. My Flatout coilovers are still in the box. I am waiting on adjustable rear control arms to address camber (at which point, my spacers will come out).
Thanks - they are selling the subframe spacers to correct alignment in the rear - what's your opinion on those vs the control arms you are looking for? I'm very old school frame so still don’t get the mechanics of it all here on unibody Subies. Is it a bad idea to do as they suggest?

I prefer control arms for the Ascent. A Crosstrek needs subframe spacers. An Outback needs them at about 2".

What height are you planning on?
I'm looking at 1.5-2" and specifically the Flat Out so I can adjust the ride a little as needed. It seems the magic number is around 2 anyway and I'm not sure much more will be a good thing for me long-term.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.