Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one issue I'm having in setting preferences is to get the key fob to unlock all the doors with one press. I've set it in vehicle settings to all doors, but it still takes 2 presses to get all doors unlocked. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
29 Posts
Spent some time reading the manual trying to find a way to do this. It does not appear to be an option with current setup. I am also interested in this & it is a common feature on other vehicles. Maybe Subaru could update this setting via software in the future.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The settings in the infotainment screen are for unlocking the doors with your hand. I don't think you can change what the key fob buttons do. Maybe someone knows otherwise.
Yup mine is setup for all open with the handle and all open with the trunk. The few times I use the key I forget its a double click for all doors. My old truck let me set it. I assumed if you set the handle the key would follow, but not the case.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Funny thing, with the keyless option, my fob is the last thing I look for. The only time I use it is if I really need to open the back hatch with full arms and planning ahead. Just touch the front door handle and they all open and I'm good to go. However, I'm not shepherding a bunch of kids who might beat me to the doors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very common question across multiple Subaru forums. For those in base or lowest premium trims without push button start it will be 2-clicks to unlock all doors unless Subaru decides to allow a user configured option. Looking at dealer inventories this is a small % of vehicles as nearly every premium has the convenience package & anything higher automatically has push button start.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I’d guess no because when you use the app to unlock the doors, 2 separate signals are sent. First signal opens the drivers door and second opens all doors. I’d think if one press was possible, the app would utilize that option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.