Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any one tried camping / sleep in Ascent?

What all the accessories/items you took with you? (like Mattress Top, Phone battery back up.... etc)
I personally feel like the gap between 2nd and 3rd Row when folded is annoying. Any ideas to cover that?
Any pics of your set up?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just wondering if any one tried camping / sleep in Ascent?

What all the accessories/items you took with you? (like Mattress Top, Phone battery back up.... etc)
I personally feel like the gap between 2nd and 3rd Row when folded is annoying. Any ideas to cover that?
Any pics of your set up?
There are other posts discussing this. I've slept in my car a couple of different trips. I use green foam you can buy at any craft store (JoAnn's / Michaels) to fill the gaps between 2nd and 3rd row. Cut it with an electric knife. I have the captain's chairs so I also use a piece of 1/4" plywood to span that gap. I used to have a hatch tent extension but I sold that after experiencing battery issues with an open hatch door. I have "Heatshield" covers for the windows for extra privacy. I changed from the back tent hatch extension to side door window covers - let's air in but keeps bugs out. I use a foam mattress because I'm not overly fond of air beds, but you can buy a custom air bed to fit in the back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts