Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Plenty of threads on this (search for "gold package"), although TBH I haven't kept up with the most recent recommendations, but from what I recall, there was a guy named Luke that was the "go-to" guy. Sold at the most reasonable rates, and as you mentioned, the policy is nationwide. I would personally advise avoiding buying the warranty from the dealer (since most dealers will try to pad this policy to make up $$$ from the sale), but that's just me.

edit: apparently there was a small change recently where you had to buy from someone within the dealer's buying area... Not quite sure who to recommend in California then.
I'm in SoCal and had a reasonably good Ascent buying experience from Ocean Subaru of Fullerton (although they did upsell me on the package).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try contacting Glendale Subaru... I just picked up the Ascent Limited this past Sunday, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember what they offered for the Gold extended warranty. I had good experience there, the finance guy wasn't pushy at all, he only tried to sell extended warranty and prepaid maintenance.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Plenty of threads on this (search for "gold package"), although TBH I haven't kept up with the most recent recommendations, but from what I recall, there was a guy named Luke that was the "go-to" guy. Sold at the most reasonable rates, and as you mentioned, the policy is nationwide. I would personally advise avoiding buying the warranty from the dealer (since most dealers will try to pad this policy to make up $$$ from the sale), but that's just me.

edit: apparently there was a small change recently where you had to buy from someone within the dealer's buying area... Not quite sure who to recommend in California then.
I'm in SoCal and had a reasonably good Ascent buying experience from Ocean Subaru of Fullerton (although they did upsell me on the package).
I said no to the warranty. My wife said yes to the warranty. WE now have 1800 less in the bank for a warranty that will not at the earliest come into play for at least 3 years. Which I also don't want to have to use. Damn I'm starting to sound like a man of many non-tondras.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I said no to the warranty. My wife said yes to the warranty. WE now have 1800 less in the bank for a warranty that will not at the earliest come into play for at least 3 years. Which I also don't want to have to use. Damn I'm starting to sound like a man of many non-tondras.
the gold warranty does cover items that the OEM warranty does not. It may not be enough for you to justify the purchase but there are differences even prior to the 3/36 mark. also -- a happy wife is a happy marriage. Might that be worth $1800?;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts