Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife put her clip-on sunglasses, that were in a hard case, into the eyeglass compartment. When she tried to close the compartment, it stuck in the cabin view mirror position. It will not close or open further.

Does anyone know of a way to get it unstuck?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had the same issue. I had a pair of oversized sunglasses stuck in there. Mine was stuck in the half open position. There is a small pin on the right side. See if you can manipulate the pin so the mirror will drop down. It helps to have 2 people, one to move the pin, and the other to move the mirror.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the same issue. I had a pair of oversized sunglasses stuck in there. Mine was stuck in the half open position. There is a small pin on the right side. See if you can manipulate the pin so the mirror will drop down. It helps to have 2 people, one to move the pin, and the other to move the mirror.
Thanks! I will give it a try in the daylight tomorrow.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks! I will give it a try in the daylight tomorrow.
Read the last post here. Toyota has almost the same design.

https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/...4-problem-sunglasses-storage-compartment.html

·
Registered
277 Posts
I used Toyota Sienna ‘s glasses compartment for 10 years without a single problem.

I used Ascent’s compartment twice and it got stuck on the second use. Luckily I was able to wiggle it opened without breaking my prescription Sun glasses.

Never used ever since. A very poor design for $45k car. Pretty much just as poor as 3rd row seatbelt clip which broke on first use.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
I thought mine was getting stuck because of the size of my sunglasses, then I noticed the fuckin thing gets stuck even when it is empty.
It shouldn't get stuck when it's empty. I'd have it looked at.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts