Subaru Ascent Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

Registered
2021 Ascent Premium White (NEW!! 馃槏) 2015 Legacy 3.6R White (Former 馃槶) 2006 Subaru Impreza (Former)
The black "carbon" door trim moldings appear to be as below:
  • Door Trim Molding (Right, Front)
    • 94218XC04A
      • $74.03
  • Door Trim Molding (Left, Front)
    • 94218XC05A
      • $74.03
  • Door Trim Molding (Right, Rear)
    • 94228XC04A
      • $74.72
  • Door Trim Molding (Left, Rear)
    • 94228XC05A
      • $74.72

And black "carbon" dash trim moldings appear to be as below:
  • Ornament Panel Passenger. ORN Panel P SIA. (Black)
    • 66077XC02AVH
      • $89.07
  • Ornament Panel Driver
    • 66077XC13A
      • $55.77

These prices may be worth it to get rid of the Ivory "carbon" plastic on the Premium / Base trim levels :)
Oh wow that's steep! 馃槕

I really appreciate this though!

Ivory pieces dang near give me an aneurysm every time I get in the car LOL 馃槅 馃槀

For that price, one of my neighbors might be able to hook me up with real custom carbon fiber. This gives me a great idea of what I might do now!

Thanks!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So...I just added up all the prices listed here and it's pushing $11K if you all want to go full Onyx on your current vehicles.
Did you double some of those for right and left side components?

Reactions: Pluckito1111

Registered
2020 MGM Touring
Are the badges/letter marks on the Onyx gloss or matte black? Thinking about swapping the Subaru/AWD/Ascent badges on my touring for the black ones, but would want to match the gloss black on the Touring badge.

Registered
After spending a few minutes perusing parts.subaru.com I wrote down some part numbers and prices from the '22 Onyx Edition.
Here's what I have for the exterior so far:

• Front Grille
    • 91121XC02A
      • $314.60
  • Fog Light Cover
    • 57731XC08A / 57731XC09A
      • $74.82
  • Rear Garnish Moulding (I'm not actually sure if this piece is blacked out but I'm including it anyway since the part number is different than my 2019)
    • 91111XC42A
      • $234.05
  • Black Out Tape (for the tops and sides of the windows...)
    • 90422XC00A / 90422XC01A
      • $3.63
    • 90422XC04A / 90422XC05A
      • $3.43
    • 90422XC02A / 90422XC03A
      • $3.53
    • 90422XC06A / 90422XC07A
      • $2.92
    • 90422XC08A / 90422XC09A
      • $3.22
  • Weather Strip (for the bottom of the front and rear windows)
    • 63511XC02A
      • $10.52
    • 63512XC02A
      • $10.72
  • ASCENT Lettering on trunk
    • 93079XC070
      • $87.90

When you find others and if someone does some research on the interior please add part numbers in the comments below.
Also post pictures if you've done any of these parts swaps on your non-Onyx Ascent! (not diy plastidip or vinyl wrap, but actually swapping the Onyx edition parts)

I did find it interesting the trim around the window is shown as tape. Someone correct me if that's wrong! If that's all it takes its a fairly inexpensive way to get the Onyx look.
Just picked up a 22 White Glacial Pearl Limited this weekend and stumbled on this thread. Looks like onyx grille is available at $214 right now on a couple sites on discount. Going to pull the trigger and start there!

Registered
2022 Ascent Touring
Wrapped it all. The top of the window trim is mat and the bottom is gloss. This allows the rack on top to match the windows, as well as the other mat pieces on the pillars. I went with gloss black on the bottom of the window trim to match the gloss on the former lower chrome strip on the door rockers.

So far so good. Nothing has peeled off. The new heat activated vinyl wrap is pretty sturdy and sticky. To be 100% transparent (pun?), I had a friend at a local custom shop do it all for me. Wasn鈥檛 too expensive, and I know I would screw of up. Also the door handle covers are amazing. They are gloss plastic, fit perfectly and were only $24 on Amazon. Also debadged and covered the blue Subie logos with a printed black and silver overlay that I found on line for $12.

The wheels are 19鈥 anthracite gray with machine accents which doesn鈥檛 show up in the pics. I am thinking about having my stock touring wheels painted gloss black to use for running blizacks in the winter.
I love the Onyx looks but it doesn't come with power adjustable passenger seat. Then, my wife wanted to get a Limited. :(
Same for me, we liked the Onyx look but needed (wanted) more options. I鈥檒l be BYO Onyx-I get mine as well.

Registered
2022 Ascent Touring
Thanks for the info! I bought the grill and fog light covers from Subaruparts.com (a dealer in Washington I think) and got them fairly cheap. All 3 were less than my local dealer was for just the grill! If all goes well, the front of our Touring will look like the Onyx this weekend!

After spending a few minutes perusing parts.subaru.com I wrote down some part numbers and prices from the '22 Onyx Edition.
Here's what I have for the exterior so far:

• Front Grille
    • 91121XC02A
      • $314.60
  • Fog Light Cover
    • 57731XC08A / 57731XC09A
      • $74.82
  • Rear Garnish Moulding (I'm not actually sure if this piece is blacked out but I'm including it anyway since the part number is different than my 2019)
    • 91111XC42A
      • $234.05
  • Black Out Tape (for the tops and sides of the windows...)
    • 90422XC00A / 90422XC01A
      • $3.63
    • 90422XC04A / 90422XC05A
      • $3.43
    • 90422XC02A / 90422XC03A
      • $3.53
    • 90422XC06A / 90422XC07A
      • $2.92
    • 90422XC08A / 90422XC09A
      • $3.22
  • Weather Strip (for the bottom of the front and rear windows)
    • 63511XC02A
      • $10.52
    • 63512XC02A
      • $10.72
  • ASCENT Lettering on trunk
    • 93079XC070
      • $87.90

When you find others and if someone does some research on the interior please add part numbers in the comments below.
Also post pictures if you've done any of these parts swaps on your non-Onyx Ascent! (not diy plastidip or vinyl wrap, but actually swapping the Onyx edition parts)

I did find it interesting the trim around the window is shown as tape. Someone correct me if that's wrong! If that's all it takes its a fairly inexpensive way to get the Onyx look.

Registered
2022 Ascent Touring
I love the Onyx looks but it doesn't come with power adjustable passenger seat. Then, my wife wanted to get a Limited. :(
Same for us! We loved the look, but really wanted the power memory drivers seat. The 2 of us are very different heights. We did a Touring that I鈥檓 now blacking out, with info courtesy of this thread!

Registered
2022 Ascent Touring
Thanks again for the info, just swapped the grill and fog light bezels and love it! Next up is vinyl wrapping the window trim and hyper dipping the wheels. Haven鈥檛 decided what to do with the door handles and mirror caps yet. Anyone find a black version of the mirror caps? Looks like they just come primered.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Vehicle Tire Wheel Car Grille

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Vehicle Car Tire Grille Automotive lighting

Vehicle Car Plant Grille Automotive lighting

Premium Member
There are really good black plastic overlays for the door handles. They have a cutout for the locking feature on your Touring. I am a stickler for quality and these look OE. Just google door handle overlays for Subaru Ascent Touring and you will find several options. I paid under $30 for all four. Also I just wrapped my mirror caps. They looks great. Took a couple of pics. Car is dirty from a road trip but hopefully you can get the gist of it.
Automotive parking light Grille Car Vehicle Hood

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Car Wheel Automotive side-view mirror Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
2022 Ascent Touring
There are really good black plastic overlays for the door handles. They have a cutout for the locking feature on your Touring. I am a stickler for quality and these look OE. Just google door handle overlays for Subaru Ascent Touring and you will find several options. I paid under $30 for all four. Also I just wrapped my mirror caps. They looks great. Took a couple of pics. Car is dirty from a road trip but hopefully you can get the gist of it. View attachment 16659
View attachment 16658
View attachment 16657
I actually just ordered the door handle caps after I reread your post! Thanks for the confirmation they are a good product! Do you feel the edges when pulling the handle? I think I鈥檒l try to do a little vinyl wrap on the locking part to cover the chrome. The mirror caps do look good! I鈥檓 trying to do it all myself, so not sure I鈥檒l do good enough with the vinyl, although I think I鈥檒l know after the window trim and especially the back hatch!

Premium Member
I actually just ordered the door handle caps after I reread your post! Thanks for the confirmation they are a good product! Do you feel the edges when pulling the handle? I think I鈥檒l try to do a little vinyl wrap on the locking part to cover the chrome. The mirror caps do look good! I鈥檓 trying to do it all myself, so not sure I鈥檒l do good enough with the vinyl, although I think I鈥檒l know after the window trim and especially the back hatch!
Can鈥檛 tell the handles are covered. No sharp edges at all. Also had my stock wheels refinished by a wheel shop. Cost $100/wheel but they will never chip. The rear chrome strip was pretty easy. The bumper cover was a total pain to wrap but it hasn鈥檛 peeled yet.

Premium Member
Can鈥檛 tell the handles are covered. No sharp edges at all. Also had my stock wheels refinished by a wheel shop. Cost $100/wheel but they will never chip. The rear chrome strip was pretty easy. The bumper cover was a total pain to wrap but it hasn鈥檛 peeled yet.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Couple of pics at the car wash today. Really like how the DIY Onyx worked out (even though I didn鈥檛 do it all myself!)

Premium Member
Looks nice. I am slowly working towards the same look.
Took me almost a year to complete mine. Also note I put a light 鈥榮moke鈥 on the taillights to soften the bright red. Made a pretty big difference. Had a local custom shop do it. They can either be wrapped or painted. Mine were painted. Cost for either method was about $160 total.

Premium Member
2022 Ascent Touring, 7 Passenger - AWD
There are really good black plastic overlays for the door handles. They have a cutout for the locking feature on your Touring. I am a stickler for quality and these look OE. Just google door handle overlays for Subaru Ascent Touring and you will find several options. I paid under $30 for all four. Also I just wrapped my mirror caps. They looks great. Took a couple of pics. Car is dirty from a road trip but hopefully you can get the gist of it. View attachment 16659
View attachment 16658
View attachment 16657
Looks great. If I may ask did you get them from Amazon, if so part #. I like that they act as a protective layer.(y)

Premium Member
Looks great. If I may ask did you get them from Amazon, if so part #. I like that they act as a protective layer.(y)
Yes 鈥 bought them from Amazon. Regrettably I tossed the paperwork with the packaging. I searched my account and couldn鈥檛 find them. I did find several other options including a carbon fiber look option for under $30. I just searched Subaru Ascent door handle covers. Wish I could have been more help!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts