Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a dealer 4h away might have the exact model that I want.
If they make me a good enough deal to be worth going that far and if I make the trek:

I go there with my checklist and let's say I find a bunch of deficiencies. are these like warranty issues that we can just note on the paperwork and the local dealer can take care of it?

I know regular stuff is no problem but things that others have mentioned like chipped windows, scratches, and other stuff that you'd get blamed for 1h after driving off the lot. how would that get handled?

Or am I stuck waiting in town while they address any issues on delivery?

·
Registered
965 Posts
So a dealer 4h away might have the exact model that I want.
If they make me a good enough deal to be worth going that far and if I make the trek:

I go there with my checklist and let's say I find a bunch of deficiencies. are these like warranty issues that we can just note on the paperwork and the local dealer can take care of it?

I know regular stuff is no problem but things that others have mentioned like chipped windows, scratches, and other stuff that you'd get blamed for 1h after driving off the lot. how would that get handled?

Or am I stuck waiting in town while they address any issues on delivery?
Take pictures and document any and everything, and make sure that those are notated on the delivery checklist that the salesman has to fill out when you take delivery of the car. (Note that most of us don't, we fill it out after you left, because it's mostly to document who gets credit for delivering the car. But there is a spot on there for deficiencies, and I use it so there are no questions with the customer later. If there's a scratch, I notate it, so no coming back later about a dent from opening the door into your garage wall.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.