Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Ascent and all the pictures of the Bumper cover I have seen, it looks like a stainless steel color, my dealer was not sure but figured that must be right, I really didn't want the black one, I would have preferred not having it if it was black. Just curious if anyone knows, maybe Carl has a better idea then my sales guy.

·
Registered
357 Posts
which cover are you talking about ???

We ordered the same and where told it would be clear like on my STi, and not black which is like the outback has now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the bumper cover option, yes it is black on the other cars but it shows in the brochure on the car in a silver or metal color, not sure now.

·
Registered
357 Posts
yea that is the same one that we ordered, I only ordered it because it was suppose to be like my STi and clear that is what our salesman had lead us to believe as well. I really like mine on the STi keeps me from dinging up the bumper just don't want it to be some random color.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you notice on the video from the Auto shows and the brochure it is Silver or metal color? The only problem with clear is it starts to yellow over time.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Just curious if anyone knows, maybe Carl has a better idea then my sales guy.
Right now I'm still going off what we see in the pictures.

On the SUV's we have now (Outback, Forester, Crosstrek) it's a hard plastic cover that is an accessory. The pictures I've seen on the Limited and Touring show it to have a more metallic look in the middle.

Either way, even if you were getting a sedan and the rear bumper applique (which is basically like a piece of clear bra for the top of the rear bumper), I'd still recommend getting it. You're talking about something that's going to cost less than $100 that when you end up dropping something on your bumper when you're loading it, or scraping that stroller or golf bag across it, will do it's job and protect the surface of the top of the bumper. And just like door edge guards, when it gets dinged up and/or destroyed in doing it's job, you pull it off and put another one on. Replacing a $100 piece of plastic every 5 years is a lot cheaper than having to repaint or replace a gouged bumper.

Go to your local Subaru dealer's lot. Chances are 95% of the SUV's on their lot will have this accessory installed.

·
Registered
357 Posts
We have the plastic one on the outback now and I just don't feel like it covers that area that well, that is comparing to the STi, I feel like it still could get scratched easily in the unprotected areas, and I am kinda basing this on our dogs getting in and out of the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts