Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found good built in headrest dvd monitors that match the touring ascent interior? I don’t need them right away, but in a few months we are taking a long road trip, and I have a feeling my kiddos will miss the dvds in my old car. I’m looking for 2 that can mirror each other, and play separate movies if needed. Yes I know iPads and laptops work too, but I’m nervous those could possibly leave the car, and be lost out of town. I can find black, but not java brown. Anyone have any luck?

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
How old are the kiddos? Mine are 10,7,7 and 4. I used to have an Odyssey with a DVD player and they loved it. Now in the Ascent they’ve noticed we don’t have one, but it hasn’t been a problem. They either nap, read or look outside. Just a thought ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine are 11 and 9 and have already requested a movie ?. They even tried using the ports up front to see if that screen would play one.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,828 Posts
Keep in mind that the Ascent has headrests designed to help with whiplash protection...they move in the event of an incident.

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Boys? Mine are ALL boys. Sometimes I do wish I had a DVD player. Lol
Highly not recommended and quite probably illegal depending on your state, but a jailbroken iPhone can play video on the head unit.
The last vehicle I had with headrest dvd was a 2009 Ford Edge so unfortunately I don’t have any recommendations. I recently sold my Blu-ray player in favor of streaming too!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found subaru ascent black dvd headrest that do everything the factory ones do, but they’re black with java brown stitching. If I do make the swap I would like them to match The rest of the seat.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a set of autotain DVD headrests in my wife’s CRV. They have the functionality you’re looking for.
Autotain hero

It’s been about..3 years since I put them in and we don’t really use them that much anymore. The player in one of the headrests sometimes skips or doesn’t play well now...
Part of the reason why I put an iPhone driven monitor system in my Ascent. The bonus is that using a Bluetooth linked iPhone as a media source allows you to easily port the audio through the car speakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts