Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ascent Manual states: “While the vehicle is kept held by the Auto Vehicle Hold function, the Auto Vehicle Hold operation indicator light will illuminate.”

However, sitting in my garage, car running, in Park, seat belted, doors closed, electronic parking brake on, etc.; turn AVH on, put in Reverse and the AVH Operational Light ‘(0)’ does not turn on. Yet when I touch the gas pedal, the car releases the electronic emergency break and moves out of the garage; which means that is was in AVH Operational mode.

So this could also be a mistake in the specifications for when the ‘(O)’ should be illuminated or it may be an error in the user manual.

Or it could be a subtle nuance: if the car is being held by AVH and the electronic parking brake, the hold by the parking brake takes precedence (and the ‘(O)’ is not turned on). However, if one can make the car move by nudging the accelerator, the ‘(O)’ had better be on so that the driver is alerted to that fact.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The Ascent Manual states: “While the vehicle is kept held by the Auto Vehicle Hold function, the Auto Vehicle Hold operation indicator light will illuminate.”

However, sitting in my garage, car running, in Park, seat belted, doors closed, electronic parking brake on, etc.; turn AVH on, put in Reverse and the AVH Operational Light ‘(0)’ does not turn on. Yet when I touch the gas pedal, the car releases the electronic emergency break and moves out of the garage; which means that is was in AVH Operational mode.

So this could also be a mistake in the specifications for when the ‘(O)’ should be illuminated or it may be an error in the user manual.

Or it could be a subtle nuance: if the car is being held by AVH and the electronic parking brake, the hold by the parking brake takes precedence (and the ‘(O)’ is not turned on). However, if one can make the car move by nudging the accelerator, the ‘(O)’ had better be on so that the driver is alerted to that fact.
Having the car in Park cancels the AHV feature. So after you put it in reverse, do you then stop and press the brake so the AHV light is on? If you have the feature enabled, you have to press the brake hard to see the indicator '0'. It doesn't respond to the button, that just allows the feature to be used. Your foot on the brake is what determines if it is on or not.

·
Registered
646 Posts

Bold cancels the AVH. You have the parking brake on. While they have similar outcomes (car does not move with brakes engaged) they do not function the same way. You use the parking brake by the shifter while the AVH is engaged by stopping then pushing the brake further.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.