Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a new '20 Ascent Touring for my wife's daily commute about a month ago. So far she is loving everything about event the bluetooth. Even if she is not moving, with AC off it sounds like she is a wind tunnel and virtually impossible to understand. Also the voice coming through the car is muffled. Iv tried using it just with BT as well as android auto and same result. Any ideas out there?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Have you set your phone to use the bluetooth mic, or are you still on the phone's internal mic ?

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Change the mic sensitivity settings in the head unit, under settings->sound and test until you find what works best for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is
Change the mic sensitivity settings in the head unit, under settings->sound and test until you find what works best for you.
I'll look for that setting but haven't seen it yet. As for the mic, it is using the car. If I use just the speaker phone on the phone it sounds fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do. Got another question they can't answer. In my last car my wife and I had our own key fobs. If we went out together, she could leave hers in the car and mine would lock and unlock the doors normally. With our ascent it seems if her fob is still in the car I have to actually push the lock button on the fob for it to work. Not simply on the door handle. Any fix for this?

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Will do. Got another question they can't answer. In my last car my wife and I had our own key fobs. If we went out together, she could leave hers in the car and mine would lock and unlock the doors normally. With our ascent it seems if her fob is still in the car I have to actually push the lock button on the fob for it to work. Not simply on the door handle. Any fix for this?
I do not believe there is an automatic lock feature with the Ascent. You must use the FOB button or the door handle. The issue of the other FOB in the vehicle is not what is stopping the vehicle from automatic locking.

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
I wouldn't leave one in the car. Someone had their Ascent stolen that way.

It also may cause profile confusion.

But, to your question, you can disable the FOB. I posted a video on how the other day. You need to set a pin code before it will let you disable fobs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts