Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm about ready to order a 2020 Touring and can't decide between the brown and blue. Have seen the brown in person and love it but not in a Touring. Has anyone seen or have one? Do the colors of the car and seats clash? Please let me know thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
We bought our Cinnamon Brown Pearl (CBP) Touring in September 2018 and we love the color of both the exterior and interior with the Java Brown. We saw a pre-production Abyss Blue Pearl (ABP) and the wife wasn't impressed with the color, in direct sunlight nor in overcast skies. The CBP really is beautiful in the sun and now we've also noticed that it hides dirt really well too. We don't feel that the colors clash at all. As a matter of fact, I think it's complimentary. We are very happy with our choice because we didn't want another black, gray, or white car that looks like all of the other black, gray, and white cars/suvs in the parking lots. Good luck with your decision. (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! We actually did take the plunge and went with the Cinnamon. I'm confident it'll look great. I like having something that you don't see everywhere. Actually switching to the ascent from a hyper blue Crosstrek and my daughter said I can't have two blue vehicles in a row anyways haha.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thank you! We actually did take the plunge and went with the Cinnamon. I'm confident it'll look great. I like having something that you don't see everywhere. Actually switching to the ascent from a hyper blue Crosstrek and my daughter said I can't have two blue vehicles in a row anyways haha.
Though many other Ascent owners will disagree with me, I think CBP is THE best color! :) So when is your anticipated delivery date?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I’m picking up my BLUE MY2020 Touring on Monday! It’s not my first or 2nd choice but I really think it does look classy... probably the classiest of all the color. It really compliments the Java seats.
I apologize, I meant to say that BROWN isn’t my first or second choice but I think it looks the classiest.

I did order the BLUE Touring though

·
Registered
235 Posts
I apologize, I meant to say that BROWN isn’t my first or second choice but I think it looks the classiest.

I did order the BLUE Touring though
Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours! Congrats! Post some pictures when you get a chance.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
Color choice is very subjective and it's nice to have a bunch of nice choices on the Ascent. None of them are butt-ugly to me. I do wish there were choices on vehicles like this for nice creamy, non-metallic colors like one can get on say, the Crosstrek or certain Jeep models. The industry seems to think that folks who want/need larger vehicles don't like colors like that but I postulate they are not correct there.

My only beef is that interior colors are sometimes limited with exterior color choice which sometimes locks someone out of an exterior color they like because they cannot stand the interior color that's required to go with it. I'm like that...I do not do black interiors, Ever. Even for a massive discount. Never. But that's my particular preference and choice.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So I'm about ready to order a 2020 Touring and can't decide between the brown and blue. Have seen the brown in person and love it but not in a Touring. Has anyone seen or have one? Do the colors of the car and seats clash? Please let me know thoughts. Thanks.
My neighbor got the Brown With different interior color a lite quilted leather- fancy
And I have the Crimson Red Pearl- I like it. I did think about the Blue- I didn’t like because it’s was everywhere and on other models. I wasn’t a fan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Color choice is very subjective and it's nice to have a bunch of nice choices on the Ascent. None of them are butt-ugly to me. I do wish there were choices on vehicles like this for nice creamy, non-metallic colors like one can get on say, the Crosstrek or certain Jeep models. The industry seems to think that folks who want/need larger vehicles don't like colors like that but I postulate they are not correct there.

My only beef is that interior colors are sometimes limited with exterior color choice which sometimes locks someone out of an exterior color they like because they cannot stand the interior color that's required to go with it. I'm like that...I do not do black interiors, Ever. Even for a massive discount. Never. But that's my particular preference and choice.
I agree! Normally I would buy a red car, but the only interior colors with a touring model is white, or Java. Did not want cream interior, and IMHO java does NOT look good with Red interior.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
I agree! Normally I would buy a red car, but the only interior colors with a touring model is white, or Java.
In the US...it's Java for Touring only (top trim)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts