Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a little heavy handed taking the rear hitch cover off. I broke the clip that slides over the bumper that the bumper clip (W140007) connects to with a turn. I can't find the clip that this latches to on the Subaru website.

Help?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
I got a little heavy handed taking the rear hitch cover off. I broke the clip that slides over the bumper that the bumper clip (W140007) connects to with a turn. I can't find the clip that this latches to on the Subaru website.

Help?

Thanks!
The locking pins only turn a quarter turn - and - it seems like they only like turning one direction (one of mine likes turning one way, the other likes turning the opposite direction - dunno why). The part number for the original push clips is 909140007, but that is not what you want.

I have been told that the part number for the kit (pins and clips) is L101SXC700, but I have not verified that as I haven't had a need for a new set.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't need the locking pins...but the part it locks into. I might have to call the dealer to see if L101SXC700 is the right part number.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
I don't need the locking pins...but the part it locks into. I might have to call the dealer to see if L101SXC700 is the right part number.
I do understand that, but, I specifically went to a dealer to get that number, and they said they're sold as a set. :plain:

If you manage to get a different part number from your dealer, please let me know.

I'm making a list of hard to find part numbers like this to help out others (which is why I'd already asked my dealer about these). I can't afford to order each and every one of them though, lol.

Also, if you're not in a time crunch, I just ordered a set from my dealer, which I pick up Saturday, so, I will know for sure what comes in the package in just a few days. MAYBE it will show the individual part numbers, IF there is one.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Any update on that?
The part number is for clip and quarter turn locking pin, one set. The pin needs to be properly assembled before use. I can do a video later, if everyone wants.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thinking out loud , what if you use gorilla double sided tape on the top and the bottom of the clip and cut out the hole for a clean attach point.Try to get the clip as open as possible as you place the clip into place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.