Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -
I backed my 2020 Subaru Ascent left mirror into the side of my garage and a few large pieces fell off and a few small pieces broke off. After taking a closer look at it, it seems that the bigger pieces are fully intact. It does seem that I broke a piece or two off of the main black plastic piece of the mirror unit. Does anyone have experience with swapping in a new mirror unit? I found one for $160 from official Subaru Parts store. Just wondering if I need to get professional help or if it's fairly easy to do myself.

Guitar accessory Wood Hood Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory

Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Hood Window Car

Automotive design Hood Sleeve Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive side-view mirror Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited 2010 Subaru Legacy GT limited
934 Posts
If you have mediocre mechanical skills this should be a half day project getting everything off and taking your time to make sure you don't cause any more issues. The parts generally just unplug and unbolt. It may be fun getting to the bolts holding the mirror on to the door, I imagine with the window up it won't be terribly hard.

·
Banned
244 Posts
It would probably be a good idea to ask someone on the forum to forward the assembly from the shop manual to you before you start.
some members Have access to information like that, and it would make the process much easier.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,632 Posts
It would probably be a good idea to ask someone on the forum to forward the assembly from the shop manual to you before you start.
some members Have access to information like that, and it would make the process much easier.
That information is available to anyone who subscribes to it and AFAIK, there's a very short subscription available for folks who don't need constant access. Passing on full service manual information that's been downloaded from the service to others isn't kosher.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately I did the same thing today(for the second time!!!). The first time it was smashed pretty good and I had to pay $600 to my mechanic to replace the entire mirror. Today's incident was not as bad and I am wondering if I can glue the plastic outer covers back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts