Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Blue Ascent Premium
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought our 2020 Ascent. I’ve never owned a car with a turbo, so I did a quick rolling high acceleration to 60mph to see whet she could do. Then I read the manual you shouldn’t floor it for 1000 miles. Oops! Please tell me I didn’t just screw up my engine? I can’t imagine doing that once would do much damage. Dealer didn’t even mention it when we bought it, so I can’t be that big if a deal?

·
Super Moderator
2,431 Posts
Your dealer should have given you an overview of the break in period. But since you can’t change that, just continue the break in period properly for 1000mi. Do you know how high your rpm went?
People test drive vehicles all the time. If they’re like me, they’ll tend to push it a bit hard to see what it can do. Who wants a boring test drive?
So I highly doubt you ruined your engine or anything. Lesson learned!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Almost certainly no damage. Some of rationale of a break in period is CYA for the manufacture. Most drivers follow them, but some owners prefer to "break it in like they're going to drive it." Many years ago it was much more important, but improved materials, processes, tolerances, and finish quality make it far less consequential nowadays.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts