Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished the 1000 mile break in yesterday. I know it's not a "magic" number but I was patient and finally got to romp on the throttle a bit.

Wow, it's got a great kick. The boost comes on quick and the torque too, so there's an immediate rush. In some ways it makes it even more exciting than my 2009 WRX. The WRX boost comes on at 4000+ so there's the delay on the build-up and then a total rush as it sweeps you away. The Ascent is so more immediate it's like a swift kick in the pants! Obviously the WRX is faster, but the Ascent FEELS fast.

The boost gauge on the phone works great. It would rush up to 15.7psi on the initial stomp on the throttle, then back down to 13-14psi while accelerating.

The CVT did do the "fake shifting" so the RPMs weren't always at the peak power of the powerband, but I was pleased that it was done smoothly and there was no jerking. So it was a smooth rush of power up to speed. 0-80mph came on quick and the traffic quickly disappeared behind me!

No, it's not a race car, but yes it is fun to drive!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Im SO close to that "magic" break in, and I cannot wait (haven't been able to use ACC, or get into it when using an on ramp) to have more "fun". This thing just wants to move and has more power than expect and it hauls more butt than it should.

Reactions: marktoby

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, we reached that 1000 mile break-in a few days ago. Been wanting to get out and romp on it, but have too much going on lately. Hopefully I can get the car away from the wife for a bit and take it for a "special" drive soon. ;)

Reactions: marktoby

·
Registered
104 Posts
I’m at 920 miles right now and have just a few more to go. Can’t wait to get the boat out and do some fishing this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.