Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie to towing, but we are picking up a 3,000 lbs trailer this fall that we indent to tow with our new Ascent Touring with the Subaru hitch.

Our trailer manufacture wants us to buy a wireless brake controller from them. I'm more inclined for a wired break controller. Am I right that the Touring with hitch does not already include a break controller? What do I need to watch out for with a break controller so it doesn't interfere with the Ascent sway control capabilities, or is that totally independent?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,161 Posts
Most vehicles do not come with a built-in brake controller. You can use any standard brake controller with your Ascent and it's pre-wired for that since you have the OEM hitch receiver setup. The Tekonshia P3 is very popular in the marketplace and reasonably priced. It plugs into a connector in the cabin. There are other threads about that here in the forum. Subaru's built in sway control is independent of this.

Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.