Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just booked my appointment for my first oil change and was notified at the time that there is a brake lamp switch recall. I had not been notified by Subaru at all and only learned this by chance during the on-line booking process through a dealership. Anyone else have this recall notice? If so how did you learn of it?

I am editing this post because I checked on-line with NHSTA using my VIN and no recalls are posted. The dealer's notice to me during the on-line appointment process was after they identified my vehicle so they should have known if there was an outstanding recall for my specific vehicle. I guess I will straighten all of this out tomorrow with the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2,425 Posts
My dealership has said they’re busy completing those recalls but hasn’t mentioned the Ascent being included. They’re out of loaner cars all the time!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
I just booked my appointment for my first oil change and was notified at the time that there is a brake lamp switch recall. I had not been notified by Subaru at all and only learned this by chance during the on-line booking process through a dealership. Anyone else have this recall notice? If so how did you learn of it?

I am editing this post because I checked on-line with NHSTA using my VIN and no recalls are posted. The dealer's notice to me during the on-line appointment process was after they identified my vehicle so they should have known if there was an outstanding recall for my specific vehicle. I guess I will straighten all of this out tomorrow with the dealer.
We received a letter notifying us of this brake switch recall for our 2015 Forester. Apparently it also applies to some Crosstrek models as well, but our dealer has made no mention of the Ascent being a part of this recall. Regardless, at least in the case of our Forester, even though we had read about it in Consumer Reports months ago, we eventually received a letter from Subaru telling us about the recall and instructing is to take our Forester in to have the switch replaced, which we did ten days ago. Until that happens with the Ascent I wouldn't concern myself with it. (BTW, the fix takes all of thirty minutes so I just waited)

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: There is no recall for the 2019 Ascent. It is very strange that the dealership system would have that pop up during the appointment phase. When I arrived they stated there is no recall and of course I knew that from the NHTSA website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts