Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be getting our Ascent Touring with factory hitch in a week or two. We plan to tow a Little Guy Mini Max (2900 lbs max - loaded looks like 2500 lbs and 330 lb tongue wt). I have a Tekonsha P3 controller and am wondering the best place to locate it. I know there have been a number of threads concerning towing as well as where others have located their brake controller. The three places I have read about are on the fuse box cover, the small shelf to the left of the steering wheel and the center cubby that has the 12 volt plug. Each has it's pluses and minuses but is there any consensus of the best place to locate the controller.

·
Super Moderator
2,588 Posts
I bet each person who's installed theirs will vote for their location. Personally I really like leaving it installed in the cubby with the USB's up front with the display set to orange. It somewhat blends in that way.
Before doing any drilling/screwing try holding it in a few different locations to see which you prefer.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
There is good information in the dedicated Towing sub-forum in the Technical area of this site.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 3 of 3 Posts