Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had requested a quote/additional info for the gorgeous Chieftain travel trailer. Now I receive their promotional emails. I don't think that I'm in their target demographic. If I ever decide to sell my house and RV full time, I'd probably go class-A. Apparently one needs a Bentley to complete the picture.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
SO gorgeous, SO expensive. It's like buying four Ascents, lol!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have to agree that it's a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. If I had the money, I would have to talk about a few modifications to suit my personal taste. I find the mismatched array of control panels and monitors over the bathroom sink a little distracting. An integrated touch screen system would seem more in line with the high end product. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bowlus has a new, bigger and MORE expensive model.

Sidenote, the original Bowlus trailers were designed by Hawley Bowlus who designed the Spirit of St. Louis.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,907 Posts
That's really lovely...and clearly expensive!

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's really lovely...and clearly expensive!
My cousin keeps a 28' travel trailer parked by a mountain lake property he owns. Every 7-8 years he buys a new one because they just wear out. Leaky roof, leaky windows, dead appliances, rodent damage, you name it. Even at $265,000, a high quality rig like that terra firma might have made more sense.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
225 Posts
My cousin keeps a 28' travel trailer parked by a mountain lake property he owns. Every 7-8 years he buys a new one because they just wear out. Leaky roof, leaky windows, dead appliances, rodent damage, you name it. Even at $265,000, a high quality rig like that terra firma might have made more sense.
Or...you know...an actual house for that kind of money.

I mean, it's beautiful, no doubt. But holy bawlz that's a lot of money. Does it come with it's own tow vehicle?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.