Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are the proud owners of a 2019 Subaru Ascent Touring in Abyss Blue Pearl with 2nd row captain's seats, roof crossbars, 3rd row sunshades and the Popular 2A package (External Auto-Dim Mirror, Rear Bumper Cover, LED Upgrade, Cargo Tray, All-Weather Floor Liners, and Splash Guards).

This thing drives beautifully! I think the task now is to get comfortable with all the various features (especially the safety ones). I was a little nervous parking it in my garage for the first time but it seems like the red lines on the forward-facing camera show me when I'm lined up well. Since this vehicle is actually two inches narrower and four inches shorter than the one it is replacing (a Kia Sedona), this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I wish I could have gotten the auto-folding side mirrors but for that we would need to have gotten the 2020 model for about $4,000 more.

·
Registered
566 Posts
My wife and I are the proud owners of a 2019 Subaru Ascent Touring in Abyss Blue Pearl with 2nd row captain's seats, roof crossbars, 3rd row sunshades and the Popular 2A package (External Auto-Dim Mirror, Rear Bumper Cover, LED Upgrade, Cargo Tray, All-Weather Floor Liners, and Splash Guards).

This thing drives beautifully! I think the task now is to get comfortable with all the various features (especially the safety ones). I was a little nervous parking it in my garage for the first time but it seems like the red lines on the forward-facing camera show me when I'm lined up well. Since this vehicle is actually two inches narrower and four inches shorter than the one it is replacing (a Kia Sedona), this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I wish I could have gotten the auto-folding side mirrors but for that we would need to have gotten the 2020 model for about $4,000 more.
Those "front red lines" are also VERY useful driving down a narrow road with a semi coming at you in the other lane. You know exactly how far you can pull over to the right. It will stay on for so many seconds or until you reach a certain speed (I think). The "rear view mirror" being flipped to the "camera" option is also supper nice. At first I didn't like it and didn't use it. Then one day I flipped to it again and forgot to turn it back - fell in love and will never go back to "normal" again. Congrats. Enjoy. Read the Manual :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Congrats on your new Ascent. I have a blue touring too. I am surprised you didn’t splurge for the auto-folding mirrors. Sounds like a bargain to me. ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Totally. Especially since a $20 gizmo on Amazon will accomplish that feat (I ordered one but haven't installed it yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those "front red lines" are also VERY useful driving down a narrow road with a semi coming at you in the other lane. You know exactly how far you can pull over to the right. It will stay on for so many seconds or until you reach a certain speed (I think). The "rear view mirror" being flipped to the "camera" option is also supper nice. At first I didn't like it and didn't use it. Then one day I flipped to it again and forgot to turn it back - fell in love and will never go back to "normal" again. Congrats. Enjoy. Read the Manual :)
That red line shows about 1foot in front of your bumper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That rear view camera is pretty sweet when you have the back of the car loaded with camping gear. My kids also like looking at the people stopped behind us at intersections.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts