Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
10,457 Posts
No boost gauge per I think cause nonperforming vehicle mindset..It does have oil temp and acceleration.
I'll be checking Thursday to see if boost is reported by the ECU to the ODBII port.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would love to see the boost. I watch it all the time on my XT Forestsr if anything tells you a lot about fuel consumption!

·
Registered
597 Posts
I would love to see the boost. I watch it all the time on my XT Forestsr if anything tells you a lot about fuel consumption!
I agree I loved having a boost gauge in my WRX and I have to admit everyone was always curious about the little gauge sitting on top of the steering column that moved around all the time when driving.

Granted I don't plan on driving the Ascent the same way as the WRX but I think it would be valuable information when you have the car loaded up or are towing.

·
Administrator
10,457 Posts
Any luck?
I did plug my dongle in late last week, but haven't yet configured Torque to the car - been on road trips trying to beat the weather and time schedules.

I'll try tomorrow.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I did plug my dongle in late last week, but haven't yet configured Torque to the car - been on road trips trying to beat the weather and time schedules.

I'll try tomorrow.

Looking forward to hearing how Torque works out for the Ascent. Been researching on sort of OB2 data logging and most people recommend the Torque app.

Ultragauge is something I've also been looking at because I do like the stand alone system. Anyone have any experience with Ultragauge?

·
Super Moderator
2,290 Posts

·
Administrator
10,457 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Torque has a boost/vacuum gauge which works great. I use it with my Android Dash Cam and ScanTool OBDLink LX Bluetooth adapter.

If you want to see almost everything the ECU outputs in any way you want, use Torque or Dashcommand. Both work incredibly well and are fully configurable. Both have free versions to try out, but do yourself a favor and use the paid versions.

I'll take some photos of my setup and post them later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts