Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the Body Side Molding on their ascent?

Looking to purchase it for ours but I'm not sure if we'll like the look.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts

We have them on our Ascent, as well as on our Forester and Crosstrek, and like the look. We have the Subaru ones, but there are some on here that have gone with an aftermarket product as they believe it looks better - a matter of personal taste I guess.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

I thought it might be good to have them to protect my car too. I got to thinking about how effective they would be and I don’t think they are. If someone slams a door at your car will it really hit the side molding first and save the day? Probably not. Car doors are so contoured these days they will hit another car whey they stick out the most if that happens to line up with the molding then great it saves the day. But the odds of that happening are slim. So I don’t think they actually protect very well.

With that said if you like the looks and it’s worth the cost to you then go for it.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
We ordered the OEM side molding on ours. I was on the fence about it but after 3k miles, I'm glad I got it. Now, anytime I see an Ascent without the side molding I can't help but think how massively chunky the large, empty door panels look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts