Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started to use my cellphone to play mp3 audio files through the Ascent's (2019 Limited) entertainment system. My phone, a LG Rebel 3, would sporadically link and play the media files but I could not figure out the sequence of how to make that happen reliably.

I experimented a bit and found that if the mp3 file was actually playing on the phone when I started the car's engine, the Starlink / entertainment system will recognize the cellphone's sound output and cutoff the phone's speaker and connect the audio output to the car's speakers. I do not have to employ a USB cable as when using Android Auto. It also transfers full control to the screen so that the audio may be stopped, started, fast forwarded, etc.

Of course, this presupposes that the phone and car are Bluetooth paired and that BT is active on both.

It is a bit klugey, but it works every time for me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree, your sequence worked every time for me. We don't use the head unit for much but playing music. I get annoyed with commercials and advertisements. I like my phone in my pocket so I don't fiddle with it or forget it. Calls and texts can wait. I don't like turning Bluetooth on and off. Our solution is a mini flash drive for mp3's. It's always plugged in, always recognized and ready to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts