Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got to snap a couple pics of the new ride today :) Not a lot of black ones out in the wild so hopefully this gives people a good idea of the look. We also added 15% ceramic-based tint to all 5 windows (over the privacy glass), so hopefully that is useful to some, as well. I'll add that it was 95 and pure sun here in CO today and the heat rejection was pretty impressive. Even opened the pano moon roof shade for a while to see how intense the heat and light would be and it remained pleasant.

So far, it's been awesome, though I'm only 50 miles in :)

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Black always looks awesome when it's clean. Looking good! Congrats!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black always looks awesome when it's clean. Looking good! Congrats!
Ah, indeed. It's going to have that "lived in" look sooner than later, for sure...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Beautiful! Nice to see another black ascent out there!

The tint looks great! Been trying to schedule a day to get mine tinted but so far unsuccessful.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Got to snap a couple pics of the new ride today :) Not a lot of black ones out in the wild so hopefully this gives people a good idea of the look. We also added 15% ceramic-based tint to all 5 windows (over the privacy glass), so hopefully that is useful to some, as well. I'll add that it was 95 and pure sun here in CO today and the heat rejection was pretty impressive. Even opened the pano moon roof shade for a while to see how intense the heat and light would be and it remained pleasant.

So far, it's been awesome, though I'm only 50 miles in :)
Love the look, hoping my on order Magnetite Grey Touring has a similar bad ass quality once tinted

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice, any idea what the factory tint is on the rear passenger windows? I’m thinking of just matching the front windows with the rear windows and later on doing the rest for the UV protection. I’m spending coin on the XPEL Ultimate on the full front right now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice, any idea what the factory tint is on the rear passenger windows? I’m thinking of just matching the front windows with the rear windows and later on doing the rest for the UV protection. I’m spending coin on the XPEL Ultimate on the full front right now.
Typically the rear sides from Subaru are @20-25% and the tailgate glass is @30%

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Typically the rear sides from Subaru are @20-25% and the tailgate glass is @30%
I will say the tailgate view through the rear-view mirror is darker than I would like. The added tint will be nice to cut the heat when loaded with food, dog, etc., but the factory tint may have been dark enough for the rear... Something for y'all to consider.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats! The black color is looking sharp...have a black Touring on order, can’t wait. Guess I’ll just admire yours in the meantime!
I know this isn't a new color for Subaru, but I wasn't super familiar with it before ordering. You can't tell from the pics, but the paint is flecked a bit (vs. just flat black) and really does some cool tricks in the sun :)

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Love the look, hoping my on order Magnetite Grey Touring has a similar bad ass quality once tinted
I'm sure it will :) Almost went that route, as well.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The Black looks so good in the sunlight!! You probably should invest in a sunshade that is specifically shaped (cut-out) for the eyesight, otherwise the cameras may get knocked out of alignment. They run around $50 if anyone even makes them yet. My son found one for his 2016 WRX.

Thank you for sharing the pictures. I have never seen a Black one on a dealers lot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.