Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone looking to black out the chrome accents around the windows and lower side panels... fog lights? Taking suggestions on how to do so.

Also, would love to see photos of this done if anyone’s got any. Thx!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Heck yeah, I am. I hate chrome. There's a generational issue manufacturers are dealing with but I'll be happy when it is gone.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I have some ideas planned...

You might want to look if anyone does it professionally in your area. Typically it involves using vinyl or vinyl overlays.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have some ideas planned...

You might want to look if anyone does it professionally in your area. Typically it involves using vinyl or vinyl overlays.
I do have some friends that are in the vinyl wrap/clear bra business. Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm in this boat, but ordered the Touring for the extra tech. I also want body color mirror caps, and have always loved the look of the sport mesh grilles for other models since they change the chrome bits to body color

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would love to have a easy fix to black out the chrome accents on the front dash air outlets near the side windows. I hate how sunlight reflects off the chrome and onto the side view mirror glass.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I have an 8 seater premium in silver ( couldn't wait for limited). Didn't realize it didn't have the chrome trim which I want. If anyone is looking to sell their chrome trim on the bottom doors let me know. Mine is all black so if you guys are wanting to go that route, you may just be able to take it off. Love my Ascent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts