Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I don't mind the contrast trim on the front, but I do think a brushed aluminum would have looked better though.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The Ivory trim is tolerable, but barely. The other problem I am noticing with this trim is that it is also not an exact color match to the headliner / pillar trim pieces which appear lighter in color. This makes the door and dash trim pieces stand out even more. To me, even though there is already an expanse of darkness with the black interior, I'd prefer the Ivory pieces to be black if not any other color.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I don't mind the contrast trim on the front, but I do think a brushed aluminum would have looked better though.
Whatever company that comes up with a replacement for this “contrast trim” will probably make a fortune.....Brushed aluminum would be nice.......something else...
Curious how many will love it & how many will hate it......
Otherwise the black leather looks very nice...

·
Registered
967 Posts
Maybe because I'm in the business, but ...

Looks like an Outback color to me. So if you wondered what it looked like, why didn't you just go look at an Outback?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks a little nicer then the outback black leather I have seen and I just didn't understand why they didn't have pictures of the black interior anywhere to show what the Ascent looked like and I think most of use were hoping the white was not on the dash.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Maybe because I'm in the business, but ...

Looks like an Outback color to me. So if you wondered what it looked like, why didn't you just go look at an Outback?
I think it's a little naive to say this, knowing (as you do) that the interior designs are TOTALLY different between the Outback and the Ascent. Yes the leather seating surfaces are very similar, but the contrasting trims and colors are absolutely different. The majority of us here wanted to know how the black leather seats played with the trim choices Subaru made on the Ascent (which is VERY different than the Outback).

I honestly strongly prefer the Outback interior trim colors with the black interior. For those who would like some helpful comparison:

2016 Outback Limited:

Ascent Limited:

·
Registered
967 Posts
I think it's a little naive to say this, knowing (as you do) that the interior designs are TOTALLY different between the Outback and the Ascent. Yes the leather seating surfaces are very similar, but the contrasting trims and colors are absolutely different. The majority of us here wanted to know how the black leather seats played with the trim choices Subaru made on the Ascent (which is VERY different than the Outback).
I thought people were tweaking because of the leather color. My usual perspective is that you get your choice of color on the carpet - black, black, or if you're really daring, black. The rest of the car was going to be the same as far as headliner color and that ivory panel, since it was visible on both the limited and touring interior shots we'd already seen.

Is the layout different from the Outback? Sure. But ... and I guess this is where you would consider me naive ... is actually almost too much experience in looking at our products. To me, it's rather obvious, and I sometimes forget that it's not that way to other people.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I honestly strongly prefer the Outback interior trim colors with the black interior. For those who would like some helpful comparison:

2016 Outback Limited:

Ascent Limited:

Where did you get this ascent picture? Just curious

·
Registered
583 Posts
The Ivory trim is tolerable, but barely. The other problem I am noticing with this trim is that it is also not an exact color match to the headliner / pillar trim pieces which appear lighter in color. This makes the door and dash trim pieces stand out even more. To me, even though there is already an expanse of darkness with the black interior, I'd prefer the Ivory pieces to be black if not any other color.

How could Subaru come up with this Ivory for the “contrast trim”? Don’t they have focus groups that they show these things to and get reactions from?
I think “barely tolerable “ is probably a common reaction....:crying:
Black black , gray black, slate black leather is fine, people might expect variations ....etc...
But this Ivory.......Hard to see & accept.........with the black seats/interior
When do the 2020’s come out!

·
Premium Member
565 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah I’m not a fan. Really glad I went with the cinnamon brown with ivory now because I would have to get that wrapped or something if I went with a black interior.

·
Registered
583 Posts
After seeing this I started searching the net and easily found at least 1 company that makes dash overlay kits ....for the 2018 Outback ...They have a brushed aluminum that looks nice.....So I would imagine they will makes kits for the Ascent too....
The company is CARid.com.....
So there is hope that this atrocity (ivory trim) will not be forever....
MAYBE Subaru itself might want to offer in their own parts store custom options for the ivory contrast trim....!!
They could then use the sales results as market research to see what is popular for next years models...
& avoid mistakes like this year....

·
Registered
765 Posts
After seeing this I started searching the net and easily found at least 1 company that makes dash overlay kits ....for the 2018 Outback ...They have a brushed aluminum that looks nice.....So I would imagine they will makes kits for the Ascent too....
The company is CARid.com.....
So there is hope that this atrocity (ivory trim) will not be forever....
MAYBE Subaru itself might want to offer in their own parts store custom options for the ivory contrast trim....!!
They could then use the sales results as market research to see what is popular for next years models...
& avoid mistakes like this year....
They have been for years and the choices they've made on the Ascent are heavily influenced by the research they found. Generally darker interiors appeal to younger buyers, lighter interiors appeal to the older crowd.

·
Registered
583 Posts
They have been for years and the choices they've made on the Ascent are heavily influenced by the research they found. Generally darker interiors appeal to younger buyers, lighter interiors appeal to the older crowd.
Hmmm , I am 65 but young at heart......I think they missed that demographic :smile:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts